We got here on Friday afternoon after much driving in the pouring, and I mean pouring rain. And if you know me, you know that I really don't enjoy driving in the hard rain. I kept on driving pretty good until Aaron called and told us that there was a big front coming to where we were at the time (College Station) and told us to pull over. So, we sat for about 3o minutes, got some gas and took a little nap....then we got back on the road and made it to Houston before traffic got bad.
We have been spending the weekend at one of Aaron's college friends' house. He is actually the special guy that we named our Parker after, Brian Parker. He is great and has a great huge place for a single guy and just lets the kids have fun. We all went to the Natural Science Museum on Saturday and it was so cool. Grace loved the dinosaurs, of course, and Aaron and Brian really liked the Energy section of the museum. It was sponsored by Schlumberger and other oil companies and told all about oil and how they get it....Aaron was in hog heaven! I was pretty bored, but trying to keep up with 3 kids kept me pretty busy. We had a fun time out of the rain.
It has rained pretty much non-stop since we have been here. Brian is having a cook out today for the holiday with about 20 other people coming over and I know we are all going to get wet! Oh well, should be fun getting wet, anyway!
I'm off to check on Parker...we go back to our hotel this afternoon for the week and then back home on Friday!!
Monday, May 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Enjoy your week in Houston. Hope it doesn't rain the whole time. You are a brace woman to take off with three kids in the car by yourself!
Hey! I need to know more about the bible study ya'll are doing! We are thinking about doing it. I love the title...so appropriate. I bought the book and am wondering what the difference is. Have fun in Houston! We were in Texas this last weekend and it rained, and rained and rained some more! Crazy!
Post a Comment