Aaron got home really late Friday night because he had a test that afternoon and got stuck in rush hour traffic....but he got home and it was a great weekend. Saturday morning we got up and went over to Six Flags with our friends from church, Jill and Kevin and their sweet girls, Olivia and Elizabeth. It was so much fun, hot, but fun. They had season passes before so they showed us a few parts of the park that we haven't been to before. We even took Parker on 2 rides with us!! We took him on this little water ride (kinda like "It's a small world" with Loony Tune characters, but no singing) and on the log ride....it was so great! He just sat there the whole time, just swinging his feet, just a smiling!
Elizabeth and Susannah were too short to get on one of the rides so they sat out with the daddies and got their picture made in the big chair! Elizabeth and Grace are in the same class at church and are the resident memory verse girls. They know all of them for the whole year (yes, I know we have only lived here 5 months, but Grace does know the whole year's worth) and are going to say them in front of the church with the rest of their class on Sunday during both services! Smart girlies!
Jill took the girls to drive the cars while Aaron, Kevin and Olivia rode the Texas Giant....Grace said that there is "NO WAY I'm getting on that ride, Mom!"....maybe by the end of the summer! Parker took his normal, Six Flags nap and I enjoyed my Coca-Cola in the shade. Now that is a great Saturday!!
I had a wonderful Mother's Day with my sweet family that loves me. Aaron took me shopping for some new dresses and I love the stuff he picked out...now that he knows my size, he can do it without me around!! To take a phrase from Miss Beckie, "I love my life!"
Monday, May 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm so glad you had a great Mother's Day weekend. i can't imagine season's passes to Six Flags. That must be a real high to get to go anytime you want to go. Your children will be so spoiled! But what fun!!!!
The season pass is only $69...for one day at Six Flags it is $47. So you have paid for your pass in 2 visits to the park! By the way, we got our passes for $49 because we still lived in Graham when we bought them. Next summer we will have to shell out more, I guess! Aaron's sister, Carrie gave us money for Christmas and we spent it on these great passes. You don't get a much better gift than spending fun time with your family, we think!! Come and see us!
Jeff's sister (Jamie) and her family recently moved to Virginia - we're considering getting passes so that we can go there and to the TX one (with you guys, of course!) once we figure out when we'd be able to go!
Post a Comment