Thursday, February 04, 2010

Too much coffee....

I love coffee. I do. I have a fabulous coffee maker. It's a one cup Tassimo that uses little pods of coffee. A fresh cup of coffee...All. Day. Long. Today, I drank so much coffee that I should have just gotten out the old pot and made a big 8 cupper....Really.

It's cold. Okay, I know, it's not cold like ya'll have cold, but 45 degrees is pretty cold for Houston. Don't judge. It's also been raining for 3 days and doesn't show any signs of stopping soon. So, not only is it cold, it's wet. That makes it even colder for me. It's 10:00pm and I'm still wearing my Ugg boots and 2 layers on top. I told you I was cold.

But when it's cold....I don't want to go to Sonic for a coke (which I haven't done in FOREVER)...I want a cup of coffee. I want one in the morning when I take the girls to school, I want one when I'm paying the bills, I go to take Parker to school and it's Coffee talk day for the moms....It is everywhere!!!! Maybe I should just put my dear Tassimo under the counter for a few days.

I should drink some water tomorrow..... but my body might go into shock! Thanks Dad for the great addiction...what was that you called coffee when I was little?? Oh yeah, coffee milk. Ahh, wonderful.

So, too much coffee translates into craziness! I've made a ton of muffins for the teachers at the girls' school tomorrow...I'm in the middle of cleaning the kitchen and then all of the sudden I get the urge to blog. I told you it makes me crazy. Aaron will be going to bed soon and I will still be out here making lasagnas for tomorrow night's small group at our house. I hope that the coffee gives up soon because I'm babysitting 2 of the cutest little ones in the morning...Parker is so excited for the playdate.

I'm just hoping that I'm not passed out on the couch from being worn out from tonight!!

2 comments:

Marty Rhea Hill said...

Oh my goodness, I hear ya!!! I have a Keurig and LOVE IT!!!! Sometimes, after a full day of 8-10 different pods, I say the same thing about my old, perfect, amazing, stainless steel Cuisinart coffee maker. (Is it obvious that I am in love with it?) Anyway, being in Fort Worth, it is cold and wet and yuck outside, so I feel your pain.

Enjoy the coffee. I am having Wild Mountain Blueberry and it is GOOD!!!!

Sara said...

I also drink a lot of coffee, but usually just in the morning, however then I have a diet coke and later chai tea. I get my caffeine in all forms!!