Monday, February 01, 2010

A better place

Last night a wonderful wife and mother passed away here in our community. Anna has battled cancer for the past two years with the support of her loving husband, Charlie, and 4 sweet and small children. Anna and her family are members of our church family. I never met Anna. I heard stories upon stories about her kindness and her love for her family. She was fighting her cancer the whole time that we have lived here in our new town. I've taught her sweet little ones in bible class. They are precious. One of her littlest ones is friends with Susannah. Now sweet little Clara has a mommy that is in heaven and I'm so thankful.

I'm thankful that she has not a bit of pain anymore. I'm thankful that her children don't have to watch her suffer. I'm so thankful that her husband has such great faith that he came to our small group last week and gave US a lesson in who we can deal with our faith. I've never been a part of such a moving talk. This man's wife was dying last week and he was talking to us. I'm so thankful for Charlie and his example.

Anna is in Heaven. What a blessing and we are rejoicing with her and her wonderful day. Today I am praying for peace for their family as they will miss their mother and wife and all of the adjustments that they will make now that she is really gone. Please keep the Tipps family in your prayers. I know that Charlie and those 4 sweet kids are in my prayers.

No comments: