Monday, February 22, 2010

Feeling pretty good...

Yesterday was amazing. Really! The weather was so great here in Houston on Saturday and yesterday that we were wearing shorts and riding our bikes. 72 degrees never felt soo good!! I can't remember the last time I dug in my shorts drawer and my poor little legs were screaming for some sunshine. I think it's more like screaming for a tan, but you and I both know that I don't tan so that's not a possibility! HA!

Grace had a softball scrimmage yesterday at 1:30 so we came straight home from church and just ate sandwiches to get she and Aaron out the door and to the game on time. The rest of us stayed home and enjoyed out day outside. Just glorious.

We rode our bikes...well, they rode their bikes and I rode the scooter. I want my own bike. I do. I feel like a 10 year old again on days like yesterday and can't wait to get a bike! I've been on Craigslist and I'll find one in the next few weeks so that on the next sunny day...I will be there with the kids on my own bike!! :)

We played with the neighbor kids in the cul-de-sac for a while which was a hoot. One of the little boys down the street had some packing materials that was from some new furniture they had just gotten and the kids played like they had kites and flew the packing stuff over their heads. I love our neighborhood and street. Buy the time that Aaron and Grace got home from softball, we were plum tuckered out! Parker was jumping on the trampoline and Susie and I were sitting on the swing, reading a book, and just enjoying the beautiful day that God gave us.

Can you tell that we loved out day yesterday??? We did all of these things and did I take a picture? Nope. Too busy having fun with my kids!!

Aaron is working from home today and Parker has a friend over for the day while her mama is at the dr. Sweet Hannah is so precious. She is playing dress up and Barbies and Parker is just clueless. He is such a boy. They played great together when she first got here, but now that it's been a while, he is just ready to play with boy stuff again and go on with his day. It's pretty cute. She is just doing her thing and dressing up and having a great time without him, too! Oh to be 3 years old and only have to worry about what princess that you have to dress like next. So precious.

After a great and what felt like, super short weekend, we are off and running for yet another great week at our house. Aaron finished the taxes,(yippe, cash back in the bank and in IRA's is always super!) the kids are all feeling healthy and I am one happy mama!!

Hope you have a great week and are feeling good, too!

No comments: