I love this book. I've read it 3 times...I know what is going to happen and when it is going to happen and yet I'm a puddle every single time. This is my favorite (and not so favorite) quote from the book, "and those that are precious to God are important to Satan."I know that we are all very precious to God. I know that, I know that, I know that! Satan is so cunning, so slick, sooo....so Satan. He can just sneak right in and before I know it, he has weaved into something without me even knowing that he is there. We all struggle. We're human. But man...some weeks, I feel like he is nipping at my heels just waiting for me. This week has been one of them.
In our ladies bible class on Wednesday mornings, we have been doing the Beth Moore bible study on Daniel. Wow. This study is a duzy if I've ever had one...really. We've been studying how we are in a modern day Babylon. Really. Have you watched TV lately? Does the Housewives of Orange County cross your mind? I've never seen the show, but I've heard plenty about it. But we are all in the middle of it....We always want more, something better, having to better "the Jones'" I'm just as guilty as anyone....really.
Do you remember when we were little? The words that they would say on TV or in the movies? If they cussed...we didn't see it or it just wasn't on the TV. Now, fast forward to watching tonight and see how many words you hear on the TV after 8PM. I'm so guilty. I'm watching it and acting like it's all okay. I sit right there on the couch and keep watching.
Daniel was right smack in the middle of all of this kind of stuff and more in Babylon and while he was praying for Babylon and the people there. Daniel included himself in the prayers..."(Daniel 9:4-19) We have sinned. We have done wrong. We have been wicked. We have not listened. We are covered with shame. Oh my word. Daniel was including himself in this nation yet he was innocent of so many of their transgressions. Instead of blaming the nation, he was including himself.
When you pray do you pray for OUR nation? We have not listened, Lord. We have all done wrong. Do you think that your prayers matter? I do. We are important to God. We are precious to God and therefore are important to Satan. I won't stop praying. Satan may have a hold of my heel but God has a hold of my heart.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6
4 comments:
And you say you're not deep... I must be rubbing of on you...
and by the way I couldn't agree more.
I miss you guys. As soon as we have room you have to come for a visit.
I love love love that book. It spoke to me on so many levels, and that quote is so haunting. Thanks for sharing this!
Preach on sister...
Post a Comment