Monday, February 08, 2010

A little disappointed



I can't say that the adults went to bed last night in a great mood. We were pretty disappointed after the Colts lost the Super Bowl last night to the New Orleans Saints. The first half of the game was just great....the second half, starting with that just ridiculous onside kick, was just crazy.

I initially didn't want to have anyone over to watch the game and I didn't want to go up to church to watch it with the youth group. When there are big games, I like to just watch them at home. But, Aaron leans over to me during church, "Jenn, I asked Laura and Clint over to watch the game tonight, who else to do I need ask over." HUH? Okay, I can't fault him. They are new and in our small group so that's fine. Then after church he went and asked another family. I looked at him and gave him the "quit it!" symbol. I know....mean...but how often does YOUR team go to the Super Bowl? If there had been others, it would have been fine, too. I love to have company and people in the house. Besides, the house was already clean from having small group at our house Friday night so I can't complain...

Ends up. It was perfect. We had a great time with friends and I got to watch my game...as pitiful as the last quarter was...ugh! The kids all played great together upstairs, they only came down to eat dinner and to show us what they had found to wear in the dress-up bin. They were pretty cute.
Me and Parker before the game. The girls were upstairs playing and we were waiting for the game to start...He wore this to church yesterday and was so cute! I wore a blue dress in honor of my Colts. Had to hang the jersey back in the closet this morning until the first game in September.

It's another beautiful day that God gave us. For that I am thankful and it gives me reason to rejoice....even if the Colts lost a football game. Besides, who remembers from year to year who wins and loses those games? Although I will be ready for them to actually win the game next year! :) Love you Colts. Have a great off-season and we'll see you again!

No comments: