Our schools here are pretty protective of our kids privacy. I get that. So, we have no idea who the kids are in our children's class...well, I do because I go up there...but no birthday lists, no e-mail lists and even crazier?? NO VALENTINE LISTS. Yeah. Not even a list of their first names. So, on the girls' Valentines this year they wrote, To: My friend, From: Susannah or Grace (whoever was writing them). No skin off my nose, but where is the fun in picking out special valentines for your friends? Oh well...welcome to the age of the schools taking our kids and fun things from them. Did I mention that we couldn't bring candy to the party? The PTA is providing nut-free cupcakes and pizza...that's it. We were told if there was any candy attached to their Valentine that it would be thrown away. Uggh. It's a fun holiday for them to celebrate for 45 minutes...oh, did I mention that they changed the name to the "Friendship Party"
I do love that my girls are learning so much...I just have a control problem. Valentine, Halloween and Christmas Parties were fine for us growing up....since when do politics and "political correctness" determine how our kids have a few (they only get 3) parties in school??
Okay, I'm done...Aaron has been gone all week. That's right stalkers...I shouldn't have written that he is out of town, but he's on his way home now and by the time I get all of this typed up and on the net...he'll be home. So there.
Back to the point...He's out of town. This has been the week of crazy projects. Valentine boxes, I mean, Friendship party boxes....filling out their valentines and then their normal homework. I am worn plum out. I seriously don't know how I did this single parenting thing when he worked on the north slope and was gone for 2 weeks at a time. Oh wait...we had 2 kids and they we little and slept lots then. I forgot. So, I'm asking the question, "Is it Valentine's Day, yet??"
This being Valentines' weekend. I don't want anything...really, anything except rest. Good, no extra kids in my bed, rest. Oh yeah...and my husband home!!

Grace is working on her valentine box...she did it all herself...like always! I try to give a little help here and there and I get, "Mom! It's
my project. " I'm glad she is so much more creative than me! I totally spaced and forgot to take a picture of her finished project...I'll do that this afternoon. She named it, "Field of hearts" It was green all over (she made grass) and then had hearts stuck in the grass like flowers. Too cute.

The girls did their Valentines all by themselves...Grace picked out animals and Susie picked out Tinkerbell (surprised?) Susannah was so excited to get hers all done!


This was Parker's first year to do his own Valentines. I would write the kids names (at his little pre-school, they actually gave us a list of first names) and then Parker would write his own name!! I was floored!! He did a great job...You could even tell that it said Parker!! He's getting so big.

Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day with all of your loves!! I know I can't wait for my long weekend with all 4 of my wonderful loves of my life. Happy Valentine's Day!!
2 comments:
Happy Valentines Day, from me and Ella Kate :)
We love you & the kids so much!
xoxoxoxo
No first names?!?!? that's the craziest thing I've heard . . . though "Friendship Day" is right up there considering there is an ACTUAL Friendship Day on the calendar somewhere.
Post a Comment