Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I love food!

I went to Wal-Mart (and, yes, I went to Wal-Mart. I'm from Arkansas...that is what I do. It's in my blood...) this morning and they had stew meat on sale. I love it when there is good stuff on sale!! I came home, chopped up some onions and sauteed them up in the pan and added my lovely (on sale) stew meat to the pot. After the meat browned, I put all of my veggies and meat together in the crock pot. It's only 11:45 and my kitchen smells so good. I mean...really good! Oh, I love the smell of food!
There is no way on this earth that I could ever be a person who doesn't eat. I love to eat. I do and if I don't I get headaches and who in the world likes to have a headache? Not me. So, that is my excuse. Therefore, I eat. Some days...oh my word...food just calls me. Yesterday afternoon, I made chocolate chip cookies because it just sounded good. Do you ever feel that way?

The new news is, I'm the mom....I get to plan the meals!! The bad new is...I sometimes can't wait for dinner to get finished and I snack all the way up to dinner because it smells so very good. I'm not a great cook. I'm not a Martha or a Betty...But, I do enjoy cooking. I enjoy creating something that tastes good (and smells good!) for my family that is good for them at the same time. I am a comfort food kinda gal, though. If it is cold outside, you can bet that we will be having Chili, Beef stew or Homemade Chicken Soup for dinner. Of course, you have to have cornbread with all of those dishes....it wouldn't be the same without the cornbread!!

So...on this chilly day outside....What is your favorite comfort food on a day like today??

3 comments:

Lauren C said...

My all time favorite at Olive Garden is a soup called Pasta e Fagioli. My mom somehow got the recipe and it is by far my favorite meal on a cold day!!

Rushton said...

We had potato soup tonight, but shepherd's pie is way up there!

Coach Andy Reagan said...

I'm not sure which is better for me, good food or good conversation... It seems I can't get enough of both... and today I can't seem to find either one...