Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thanksgiving

Tomorrow is the day. I really can't remember the last Thanksgiving that we went "home", Aaron's parents or mine. It could probably be that Aaron is almost always on call that week (the oilfield stops for no one!) or that we lived a million miles away in Alaska and were saving our pennies for Christmas flights. Oh, I do remember the last thanksgiving that we went to my Aunt Shirley and Uncle Gary's house in Jonesboro, AR...it was the first year we were married and Aaron didn't' start working for Schlumberger until January. That is why we got to go! Well, Aaron is on call, once again so he is out in the field, somewhere in the middle of Texas, a few hours from here working and hoping that he gets home by tomorrow or it's him that is in trouble from me! He told me that they didn't have very many jobs up this week so he would be home for the holiday and we could spend it together. If they were going to be totally covered up at work, the girls and I were going to get in the car and go to my Grandma James' house in Missouri. So, we shall see what happens tonight or tomorrow. Will Aaron make it home? Will we have a big family meal? (You have to read those questions like the old batman show, with much drama!)
Here are some things that I'm very thankful for this year:

1. My husband-He loves me and takes care of me and for that I would wait in line for hours at the Graham Super Wal-Mart for the XBox 360 and be sad for him when I didn't get one (I was very disappointed in Wal-Mart this week)



2.My girls-Oh how I love being their mommy. The things that they learn and come up with make me laugh and keep me together. They are a true blessing from God and I am so very thankful.



3. My sister-We talk almost everyday and she doesn't care when I ramble about stuff. She is my best friend even though I used to steal her clothes. But, now we know why don't we? She has more fashion sense in her pinkie finger than I have in my entire body!!



4. My parents- What can I say about my parents? They are the best. They travel to see you when you live in Alaska or they drive 8 hours on a weekend to their granddaughter's birthday. I love my parents so much and would love to live closer to them someday. It's weird. You love your parents when you are little, then you become a teenager and you have that time where you can't believe that they would ask you, again, where you are going and who you are going with. Of course now, I don't know what I would do without their guidance and support. I don't think I can have a baby with out my mom there!!



5. My brothers- My brothers are as different as night and day, but they are mine and I love them both very much. Jeremy should have been born in the 50's so that he could have been a teen in the 60's and lived life as a musician/hippie. You will never meet someone that would do anything for a total stranger, like Jer. Once when we were on the road to Little Rock, someone had a tire fall off right in front of us and he pulls off the road and helps them, right there. He has also has so much talent. I wish I could play the guitar like him. And baby brother Jon, he has been my baby doll from the moment he was born. He has such a kind heart and my girls LOVE their uncle jon. It's hard to believe that he is actually an adult now...I still think that he needs his big sisters!! he he he



6. My In-Laws-Aaron's parents treat me as one of their own. Aaron's mom is a great painter and re-modeler. She also flies all over the country taking care of all of us when we need a baby sitter so that we can go and play in Vegas! Aaron's dad is the family fisherman and the girls love him so. We just wish that we could see him more. Hopefully, retirement will come soon!



7. My friends....I can't name you all, but you know who you are! I would drive to the ends of the earth for ya'll (I feel like sometimes, I have! And you have done it for me, too!)...I'm so blessed with a wonderful family and great friends.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'm off to make pies and sweet stuff for our big lunch tomorrow!
Oh, Aaron just walked in the door!!! He will be home for the turkey after all!!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Yippee, hubby home for turkey day! Jarrett will be gone so we're all going to church for Thanksgiving. Wish you guys/girls were there! Miss you.

Love and wishbones,

Amber said...

Hey girl,

Just back from Thanksgiving at church, the talent show was fun, then everyone played cards. It wasn't the same with out you! Hope you had a happy turkey day!

Love and tight pants,

Anonymous said...

Okay...so that was the saddest blog ever. Not sad, as in sad...but sad as in very sweet.
I love you and am very thankful for you!!!!

MrsM said...

Wow, you and Aaron look great all dressed up and fancified.