Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Ebay and school

I love EBay. I buy almost all the girls dresses on EBay and this past week, I got a after Halloween bargain. It is officially called the "Bo Peep from Toy Story" dress, but to all of us, it looks like a princess dress. It came in the mail on Monday. Grace has been wearing it every minute since then, except for school today and I put my foot down. The past 2 nights, we have been taking walks, (well, I pull the wagon and they ride) and she even wore her new dress on the ride! When we get to school, the teacher tells me that I need to bring in a $15 (or more) item that can be auctioned off on Saturday night at their annual Christmas auction. Yah, this is the first time I have heard about this and the item needs to be there ASAP. That is the one thing that I don't like about this school. All the moms work around here, so their kids have been going to this day care/pre-school since they were born. Not that is bad, I just wish that they would not assume that we know everything. Esp. those of us that have just moved here!!!! Grace has her days at this new school. The kids here have all been together for 3-4 years and they are really clique. Some days she comes home and says that the kids are mean and other days she doesn't really say much. This morning on the way to school, she prayed that the kids would be nice and play with her. Should I say something to the teacher? She is 4 and she only has a few more months of this snotty pre-K and then off to the wonderful world of public school!
Oh, here is my favorite soap box. Here in the great state of Texas (which I love) my 4 year old cannot go to public school Pre-K because we make too much money and because she doesn't speak Spanish. So, because I want Grace to have that little edge in Kindergarten, we have to PAY to send her to a private school Pre-K. That makes NO SENSE to me. I pay my taxes, but some little children whose parents DO NOT pay taxes and don't even speak English get to go to public schools and eat for FREE!!! Oh, this just makes me soooooo mad!! Why can't they all just go together??
Okay, I'm done...any advice on what do to with Grace and her snobby buddies at school?

4 comments:

BW said...

I think you should say something. To allow it to continue only lets the other kids think that excluding other kids is acceptable. I happen to think that type of exclusionary behavior leads to bullying behaviors later (and I have read some research that backs that up).
Love the dress. Love the Green family!

Amber said...

I am with BW, say something to the teacher. You want Grace to know that if something is not appropriate that her Mommy will address it. You go girl! Remember there are always schools and buddies in AK with open arms!!!

How is being prego going for ya???

Love and pretty dress,

Anonymous said...

Jenn,
Just got back from NY...too late to call. Do I need to come to Graham and take care of those little brats. You definetly need to talk to that teacher....if you don't...I will :)
Love you,
Jess

Jenn said...

Okay, maybe snotty wasn't a nice word...they are 4 years old for goodness sakes! Don't call them brats, Jess....they just need to learn to include others!