Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Lazy Day

Do you ever have one of those days where you feel like being lazy? Yesterday was one of those days. The girls and I slept in then and I let them watch a little Disney while I surfed the net. Then I decided that I had enough of the computer and we went up to play dress up in their room. We played for a while and then remembered that Mondays are ballet days and hurried up and got Grace to her class. She loves ballet and I'm soo glad. They are all just the cutest little things in their little outfits and her teacher is super sweet. We picked up Grace after class came home where I let Grace watch a movie because Sus and I were napping. This pregnancy has just left me soooo tired. I really can't wait to get a little energy back, because this lazy stuff is getting to me!
You know when your husband (or parents or roommates) is gone and you think that you have all day to get the house clean before they get home so that you can be lazy most of the day and then the last few hours before they get home you can run around and get things clean? Yah, that happened to me yesterday....You read it already, I was super lazy yesterday and then I just happened to call Aaron when I got up from my nap and he says, "We're on our way home and should be there in about an hour." AKKKK! I jumped up, got things cleaned up, got myself all fixed up and the girls dressed in a hour. Makes me wonder why I put everything off all day just to run around in a "crazy woman state" to get everything done. I guess there is nothing like waiting until the last minute.
The girls had a good time making Aaron's birthday cake. Grace said she wanted to make a cake the shape of Peyton Manning (Aaron's fav. football player), but I decided to just do a football instead, which later split down the middle when we put all the candles in! Aaron is so great. He drove home from a long job, had dinner (out!!!I love eating out!) and came home for cake. The girls stayed up with me because he had to go up and sleep for a few hours because he had to go back out to work at 11. But he didn't have to come home last night to be with us for his birthday, they were going back to the same wellsite today and they left one of the trucks on location, he came home because he knew that they girls wanted to be with him on his birthday. And that, my friends, is why I love that man so much!!

Grace is holding her ears because the smoke alarm is going off in the kitchen from all the candles!

1 comment:

MrsM said...

haha thats funny, most people just joke about the smoke alarm. What a sweet guy. Happy Birthday Aaron!