Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Mud, mommy.

Susannah came into see me in the living room this morning. She was in the den watching her morning cartoons with her sister and they were being quiet, so I was happily getting some things done. She comes in and says, "Mud, mommy, mud." I look at her hands and they look muddy, but they have a very familiar scent and it's not one that you like to smell on peoples' hands. She had poop ALL over her hands, up her back and it was coming out the legs of her diaper. Luckily, she had been sitting in her little fisher price washable chair (thank you soooo much!) so it all is washable, but oh, the stench was unbearable for a while. Now, we have many candles lit and hope that the smell leaves soon. The girls went up to play in their room to get away from the smell and now I have a few minutes to myself while lunch is heating up in the microwave!
This set of days on for Aaron has been pretty long. He has been gone on many overnight jobs and those are hard on him and us! Everytime something happens to Susannah she says,"I want my daddy!" Of course, it's all better than the 2 week on schedule that he did have, I think we are just getting spoiled seeing him more than we have been used to in the past 2 years! He goes on days off tomorrow, so we are going to get some major work done in out bathroom. We got the tub put in and tiled around when his mom was here, but now we are going to tile the surround, finish the sheetrock, and tile the floor. He thinks we can do it this set of days off and I say, "Go for it, boy, I'm a tired pregnant woman who needs her nap." he he he
It is funny how much more tired that I've been this pregnancy. Not to worry, the second trimester comes and I'm full of energy!!

No comments: