We are home. We got home tonight from Alabama, not Florida as we had originally thought. Aaron's sister, Carrie, lives in Florida, but she and her husband have a house on a lake in Eufala, Alabama and that is where we have been for the past week. It was quite a drive, but we had fun so it was worth it. I think we logged over 1500 miles on the car for this trip. We have decided to now stay home until Christmas, so if you have something cool planned and you want us to come, don't call us, because we can't resist a fun time and would hop in the car and be there!! :)
Grace and Susannah had so much fun at the Lake. Carrie and Dale have a great boat and we fished and rode around all week long. Gramps got Grace her very own pole and she caught 2 fish on her first casts out in the water!! She was getting so good at the end, that she said she didn't need to put a worm on her hook, she just wanted to "practice casting" so she would be really good!! She would dig the worm out of the container and then her Gramps would put it on the hook for her. One time the worm was gone and Grace says, "Oh, Gramps, wormy, Oh, WORM BOY, I need you"...so demanding is that child, where in the world did she learn that? Must be from her daddy! he he he
We really had a fun time. The girls loved being with their DD, Gramps and Mamaw. And of course, they love their Aunt Carrie and Uncle Dale, because they brought some horses over for them to ride. Grace is STILL talking about that. Carrie also brought over a mama dog and her 2 week old Australian Shepard puppies for us to love on. They are soooo cute! I just have to keep saying to myself, "we have a dog and a baby on the way...no more puppies!" Okay, I'm over it!
Well, I'm off to unpack some clothes and get ready for bed. I'll post more on the trip later!!
Saturday, November 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment