Thursday, January 28, 2010

Do you think about it??

When I started blogging, I did it for the family. I did. We lived in Alaska (I said that yesterday, didn't I?) and I didn't want to have to e-mail pictures and tell what we were doing in every picture. Plus, there was a huge time difference so when the kids said or did something funny, I could never call anyone in the lower 48 because they were usually in bed or at work. Therefore...I blogged.

About 2 years ago, I decided that I needed to keep blogging because I do not like to scrapbook. Really. I just can't sit and cut out paper and decorate pages. Now, if you want me to go and keep you company and talk to you and have a fun weekend, I can totally do that....but no scrap booking for me. I know, I have done a couple of scrapbooks...one in college and 2 when we were first married, but that is it for me. My friend, Jenn Mall is a super scrapper. Really. I love looking at her books, but there is no way I can do it because I would much rather blog and be on the computer. It's the truth. So...now, all these years later...I have a virtual scrapbook. Wouldn't it be an awesome gift for someone to have it all professionally printed out and bound? I'm just saying....

Lately, I have been blogging for my sanity. I know that sounds so completely stupid. When I go back and re-read it, it still sounds stupid. I sometimes just have to not publish what I'm blogging on a certain day...I don't want ya'll to haul me off to a hospital or anything. We all have those days, but I have to write about them or I just stay in a funk. (Did I really just type the word, funk?) Weird. I have really struggled in the past month. No, there is not a thing really wrong with me. I'm just finding my way here in this town. I think it is mainly because there have been no distractions. You know...most of the time, we run around from activity to activity. This month has been pretty slow for us...compared to the rest of the year. And...it's dark and rainy here in Houston. It's been kinda grey for about a week. That is never fun. So, I'm almost officially out of my little funk (yes, I said it again) for softball starts on Sunday afternoon. Yippe for softball!! I will totally be changing my tune on softball in another 6 weeks or so, by the way. I'm just glad to have a reason to get outside to the fields right now. I love just love being outside. Maybe we should just go camping!! :) Now that is a great idea!

Here is my question. Do you go about your day and think about what to blog? Is that just me? I'll see something really neat and think, "I should go and write about that!" or Parker will say something like, "Mommy, you love me so much because I am your baby boy." Yes, he did say it and I melted. I am putty in his cute little 3 year old hands when he is sweet....other times....hmmm...we'll see.

So, do you think about it? Do you think "I should sooo blog about that?"

I do.

And, yes, I did just admit it, too.

4 comments:

Sara said...

I am always thinking I should blog about certain things that happen during the day, but never get around to it. I did scrapbooks before Grant was born...now...not so much! I really should dedicate to blog more and then it could be my scrapbook. You can actually convert your blog into a book and get it printed...

I'm always in a funk in January...never has been a good month for me!! Cold weather and gray days are not good for this girl! Got lots of contacts in Houston if you ever need one. Hang in there!!!

Rushton said...

I enjoy being able to see your virtual scrapbook.
I may think about what to blog about, but by the time I read the dozen or so I follow and read all the comments and read my fb page...well, the urge just fades!

Jen Mall said...

Thanks for the "shout out!" And...yes...I do...and then I forget. And wish I had done it! And now I am feeling the need to go scrapbook and live up to your compliments! I wish I could come and distract you from your funk! I think it is time for a girls' weekend!!!!!

Sandi said...

I totally do this, and obviously I don't carry through because I hardly ever actually write on my blog. Bad mommy!