Sunday, January 24, 2010

Colts win...and other things...

The Colts WON!!! Yipppeee!! I am one of the happiest people on the face of the earth right now...really. No, actually I am one of the most nervous people on the earth...I can't wait for the SuperBowl. Really. I know, very sad, but I am so nervous for my team. I mean, my word people, it's the Saints! They've never been to a super bowl and they are really great. Aaron has already gone to bed and left me here on the couch with my laptop to get all of the nervousness out of my system!

On another note...Aaron and I have been teaching in the high school class at church on Wednesday nights....We have been talking about regrets and how they affect our lives and how we move on from them and gain hope. We all have regrets...we do. The first week we talked about embarrassing regrets...you know, like the time when your skirt got caught on your backpack and you mooned half of Harding Campus? Oh yeah...that was me. At least I had on tights. We are in a small group with about 8-10 kids so it's not like we were all telling our most embarrassing moments to the whole youth group. We did have a fun time with the kids...they were funny. But in the past few weeks we have been talking about real regrets. Do these kids have any yet? Probably not...they are just 16 and 17 year olds. I mean, I hope they don't have any regrets...

There are so many things that shape the way we grow up...My parents were great (and still are!) They loved me, they taught me, and they showed me through example how to love and treat others. I had great friends in college. Love my Chio sisters and my TNT brothers. Our Chio's prayer group was one of the only things that got me though a couple of boyfriend break-ups. But then I think of things that I said in college...words...YIKES. Words are my biggest regret. Isn't the tongue such a powerful weapon? I think I tried to repair most of them from college, but every once in a while something spikes a certain memory and then, "BAM!" You totally remember what you did and what you said and feel horrible. Really horrible. So, I do have some regrets. I am sorry for people I blew off and just left hanging those years ago, but...they moved on and I moved on....life does that, if we want it to or not. I'm thankful for a God that loves me and holds me in his arms when I am feeling these regrets...but I'm more thankful for a God that doesn't remember them, yet I do and can learn from every one of them.

Never thought I was going to talk about that after a Colts win, did you?

No comments: