Wednesday, January 20, 2010

We have friends!

The week after we got home from Christmas vacation in Arkansas and Florida, we had an amazing surprise for us in Houston. Our great friends, The Frosts, from Ft. Worth came to visit us! That is right...we actually have some friends! He he he.

We were all so excited that week before they arrived...good thing that the girls only had school for 3 days that first week back...they could hardly wait for their friends to get here! Grace and Brighton have been faithfully writing letters back in forth since the move...they even have secret names for each other in their letters to keep things secret from their little sisters. Silly girls...love them and I'm so very thankful for their friendship!
We stayed up way too late on Friday and Saturday nights, just hanging out and talking. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE times like that with great friends. On Saturday afternoon, we all bundled up and drove into Houston and took the kids to the Museum of Natural Sciences. They had a great time walking around looking at exhibits and goofing off. Honestly, we could have taken them anywhere and they would have had a great time being together. I don't think I have one good and serious pic of Macy and Susie together...they are so silly and they had such a fun time.
We tried to get all of the kids on this caterpillar in front of the butterfly house...Grace kept sliding off...I think the butterfly house was a favorite of all of the kids. Grace has been working on a photo contest and she needed butterfly pictures so it was a great time for us to go and visit!
When we got back to our house, the girls wanted to bake a cake...why? I have no idea, but I think it started with the Easy Bake Oven, that I did NOT want to get out...so Steph and I decided to let them bake their own cakes and decorate each one alone. We used the real oven, then they could all decorate them at the same time...a yummy mess.
We are so thankful for great friends like the Frosts and that they would take time out of their busy schedule and come and visit us!! We can't wait for the next visit...I guess I better start looking at the calendar and find a weekend before softball season starts!

No comments: