Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cold

If you have known me for any period of time...or just went back on my blog to 2005 (yikes! That was forever ago when I started this thing), you would know that we lived in Alaska.

Once upon a time....
It was cold. Really, stinkin' cold. I remember one day getting up early on a Sunday morning, getting the girls ready and dressed (Aaron was on the slope so I was alone) and bundling up and heading out to church. I was teaching the 1st graders that winter so I liked to get there early to make sure that everything was set up just like I wanted. Grace would just run around and play...she was 2 years old...that's her job. Susie would just stay in her infant seat. Our preacher came around a few minutes later..."Hey Jennifer! How are you doing on this 25 below morning?" What?? I had not a clue how cold it was. I told him, "If I would have known it was going to be 25 below zero, I would probably still be at home!" It was hardly EVER that cold where we were....it was just an early day, smack in the middle of winter. We had a heated garage and we were bundled up so much that we hardly noticed it from the tiny walk from the car to the church building. Crazy.

Now, fast forward to today....6 years later.....We live in Houston, Texas...it is warm here almost all of the time. This morning I get up, help the girls get dressed and ready for school. Parker and I come home and start to get ready for Ladies Bible Class. It is 65 degrees outside and I am freezing!! What in the world?? I have on skinny jeans, tall boots and a sweater. Yes, I do. I just think that is so funny...I am always cold. I guess moving to the south has given me thin blood!

Do I miss my Alaska buddies? You bet. Do I miss living in the long winters of Alaska....hmmm....No. Not. A. Bit. Besides, I would totally miss Sonic...they don't have them up there. I guess I am a southern girl, even if I have on a sweater when it is 65 degrees outside!

I'm off to paint my nails...it's warming up outside and I might have to put on my flops!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Jenn~

Your Alaska buddies miss you!!! You were the reason I started blogging. Miss you much girl, love on the little ones for me!

Love and 25 below,
Am