Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ten Things Tuesday!

I know, I know....I have been busy and off the blog thing for a few weeks. Before I get too busy with my day, I wanted to slip in a Thankful post to start off my day the right way! So, make your list of 10 things that you are thankful for and go over to X-Box Wife and post a link to your list, too!

Here is mine:

1. I'm thankful that we have the ability to travel. Not everyone can get in their car and drive 400 miles to go and see family when gas is so expensive. Not that we can do it all the time, but it was a nice little summer get away, without spending too much money.

2. I'm thankful for my family that let us come and visit for 10 days! The kids love going to Arkansas to see all the family. We are the only part of my side of the family that doesn't live in AR. So, we get to see everyone when we go and visit!

3. I'm thankful for cousin playtime! Growing up, we weren't really close to our cousins because of the age differences and distance differences. I love that my kids get to see and play with their cousins when we go to visit. They all love being together and I think it is so sweet to watch...except for the occasional biting and hitting episodes, but that can happen at home. Well, the biting better not!!!

4. I'm thankful for great books that keep Grace entertained. She just finished reading, Matilda, by Ronald Dahl and loved it. Her Aunt Jess got her this incredible book made by the American Girl Doll company that is called, Tear Up This Book!. It is full of little boxes to make, little letters to write and activities that all are hands on, of course. It is still keeping her busy! By the way, how do you underline in blogger? You know for book titles and such?

5. Lazy days of summer. The kids are running around upstairs playing hide and seek. Parker LOVES playing with the girls. He thinks he is a big kid.

6. Bed rails. Why bed rails, you ask? We got home Sunday night and Parker climbed out of his crib 3 times. So, we moved him to the bed in his room. His room is also the guest room because Aaron turned our 5th bedroom, a.k.a. the guest room, into Aaron's Man Media room. Yes, Aaron has a room to retreat to and play his video games. Oh, wait...I was talking about bed rails wasn't I? I'm thankful for bed rails that keep my little one from rolling off the queen size bed in his room. Anymore talk about that subject of the man's media room is just going to get me in trouble, so I'm going to stop!

7. I'm still thankful for my morning coffee. This morning I'm just drinking plain old Maxwell House. It doesn't take much to make this gal happy at 7:30 AM!

8. I'm thankful for my friends that call and e-mail while I'm out of town to check on us. It just makes you feel good when you get a e-mail that says, "When are you coming home? We miss you!" Just makes you want to jump in the car! I love my friends so very much. Ya'll know who you are too, ladies!!

9. I'm thankful for Girl's Night out with those ladies. We went to see "Mamma Mia" on Sunday night. Yes, our family did just pull into town from being gone for 10 days, but that would not keep me away from a Girl's Night Out. I missed the dinner part of the evening, but met the gals at the movie theater. The movie was AWESOME! Of course, I am a child of ABBA lovers...that sounds weird. I meant to say, my parents both love ABBA and we listened to it growing up. I wanted to just jump up during the movie and sing along and dance (which I did quietly from my seat, by the way...sorry Jen Mall...I know you had to put up with my singing!) because it was so catchy!

10. I'm thankful to just be home. I loved being with my great family, but I'm also glad to be at home in our bed and in our house! Love visiting the little town and the little town life, but I'm thankful to be back in the big city.

Much to do and suitcases to finish unpacking! I'm off for a day of fun and adventure as a wife and mom!! Go to X-Box wife and make your list today, too!

6 comments:

Shana said...

Glad you guys made it back safely. I am sure that you had a blast visiting your family and the big town of Searcy!

We will have to see pics of Aaron's "man room"

Jill said...

Girls night out was so much fun! So glad that I could make this one & that you got back in town to make it!

Anonymous said...

I woke up this morning, dragged myself downstairs, opened the cabinet, and realized with great sadness that I was completely out of MY Maxwell House. I threw my dirty hair up in a ponytail and we took an early morning emergency trip to the grocery store. Luckily, the grocery store had a Starbucks so I could get a quick fix while purchasing my regular coffee. I thought you might appreciate that story...

Jessica said...

will you please come back? I miss you already.
love you,
jess

Sara said...

Enjoyed seeing you for a few minutes this weekend. I saw your kiddos all dress in matching outfits..so cute!

We were at College church on Sunday and I left with Grant during the service and saw your husband walking the halls with Parker!!

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

I was so excited to see you back, in case you didn't catch that with the hug! We DID miss you ~ I felt between us being gone and then y'all being gone that it had been almost a month!