Friday, July 11, 2008

She's 7 years old!

It is now official, Grace is 7 years old! I spent part of today making her cake and getting things ready for her party tonight. She is upstairs right now (12:30 am) with 2 of her best little friends from church and they are having a sleepover. I'm down here biding my time until they fall asleep watching their "big kids movie" in the media room so that I can turn off the projector so it won't run all night. I'm guessing that they are already asleep, but I need an excuse to blog or I will run out of days and then I'll look up and Grace will be 8! As I was saying (or is it typing?), I made the cake and then not 15 minutes after it was all decorated, little boy fingers were smashed in the whole left corner of the cake. I fixed what I could, but I figured we would give him that piece so not to make a big deal out of it. You only have homemade (yes, not a box) cake for your birthday, so why can't little brothers get a try, too?
We met Grace's friend, Jack, at Incredible Pizza and those 4 kids had a BLAST. They ate and ate and ate and then they played over $10 of games, each...in the end, they all had tons of tickets and brought home some wonderfully cheap little toys for us mothers to loose. Did I say that out loud? Yikes! I do have to give the pizza place credit. They gave Parker and Susie each toys and they didn't have anywhere close to enough tickets to get them (150 for a little bear) and Jack's little sister came home with a real Barbie car---for free!! Pretty nice ladies at the ticket redemption counter, if you ask me!!
Here are all the kids holding up their loot that all the mothers will love me for sending it home with them tomorrow morning. All the mean while their kids are all crabby from staying up too late and eating too much junk at our house. I love slumber parties. We did let Susie sleep in our bed because I heard whispering in the car on the way home about them wanting to dip her fingers in cold water to make her wet her bed. Those silly girls!! It's already started...that is just crazy! Don't you remember all those funny things that you did to the people who fell asleep first at the parties? The feather and the shaving cream, the frozen training bras in the freezer, and the cold water hand dipping....oh, what great memories! he he he
Here is the big girl blowing out her candles...all 7 of them. That just does not seem real, but then again, I'm only still 21 so it's okay. Happy Birthday, Grace. We love you so very much, you big 7 year old.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Danna Ramsey said...

Happy Birthday, Grace! We called them "bunkin parties" and used warm water instead of cold. Ah... the memories. You have a beautiful 7 year old, Jenn!

Dallas said...

great cake! and it looks, and sounds, like Grace had a wonderful 7th birthday.

Jill said...

Looks like Grace had a fun birthday and party! Way to go on the cute cake!

Kathryn & John said...

Happy birthday, Gracie!

Shellie Salza said...

Happy Birthday, Grace! Jenn, I'm completely impressed with your cake decorating skills! Sounds like it was fun.

Allyson said...

What a wonderful cake, Mom! :) Looks like Grace had a fabulous day...and I know what you mean, Taylor will be 8 on 7/29...how is that possible??

I do remember slumber party tricks & games...I also remember one year when something possessed my parents to allow me 13 girls to spend the night. That's one lesson I WILL NOT have to learn on my own! :)

Anonymous said...

Hope Grace had a fun birthday! Great job on her cake, Mom!

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Happy Birthday,Grace!

So, Jen, if you are only 21, does that mean our 21st anniversary is coming up too?

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

Happy Birthday, Grace!

Those are some super-extra-cute kids!