Dear family, friends, and prayer partners:
The journey is winding down.
I wrote that line at 11:00 this morning and
for one reason or another, couldn't think of
the next line.
Now here it is after 6:00 p.m.
Maybe I can get beyond that morning phrase "winding down."
The nurse visited twice this week.
Both times she reported that Grace's blood pressure
was good, her lungs were clear, and her bowels are moving.
Grace, however, has not eaten since Friday, Feb. 1.
She hasn't been able to take much water either.
She tends to choke on it and spit it back up.
(Around 3:30 today, she took a couple of oz of water I dipped
and fed to her with a straw; then she ate 5 crushed ice cubes -- a total of 4-5 oz, approx.)
Three times today and her last trip last night, she fainted on the potty.
After the last trip, I put a diaper on her. I hope that's going to be less stressful for her.
Her mind isn't "there" very often -- she's in a fog most of the time.
Last night I read her the emails and cards from yesterday,
She listened with her eyes closed. I'd nudge her
and remind her whose email or card I was reading.
She'd nod, okay.
(Beckie W, Julie B, & Colleen O -- Grace heard your words -- what beautiful expressions!)
----
Her strong heart and lungs are keeping her going.
I don't think she's in pain.
But she's ready to go home.
And I'm ready to place her hand in the hand of the Father,
at the time of his choosing.
In the meantime, I will sit and talk through the fog,
and tell her how much I love her and how many
men and women she's displayed the love of Christ to,
and take care of her needs.
Thank you for your continued prayers, cards, emails, etc.
Love to all!
Rod
6 comments:
What an amazing woman she seems to be! I can just tell that she has touched many lives and she has even inspired me, just through this update. Know that Miss Grace and her husband are in my prayers! Have a blessed day!
-Lauren
This breaks my heart, Jennifer. Miss Grace is such a beautiful woman -- I hate the void that will be left in her family and friends' worlds after she is gone, but I know that she is eager for her victory in Christ.
Love your new blog design...
Hate the news you had on it.
Grace Brewer is the perfect example of a beautiful Christian lady and her loss will be greatly felt by so many!
That special lady has blessed my life for 38 years by being a very special friend. I will miss her so much. Rod has been a wonderful caregiver to her and I know what a loss this will be for him. On my recent visit with her she was still her gracious self even though weak, wanting to know all the news of everyone and even complimenting the color I was wearing that afternoon. She is a true genteel, Christian Lady!
Do like your new look. Love, Mom
Hey, Jenn.
Just wanted you to know that we're still praying for you and your family and for Miss Grace and her family.
Love you...
Jill
What a beautiful letter.
Post a Comment