Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Short Visit and the Vols!!

Aaron's mom flew in last Wednesday for a short visit. The kids were so excited to spend time with their DD. Aaron and I were excited to go out with just the two of us while the kids were in bed while DD stayed at home with them! The hard part was that when DD got off the plane she didn't feel great and then spent the weekend in bed sick! Yuck! It's no fun to go for a visit and be sick the whole time. She stayed in bed and did what she could around the house, but we mostly just wanted her to feel better.
I had to post this picture because Parker was being such a little ham!! Just a grinnin' and in a great mood. Little did we know, the kiddo has a double ear infection!! He ran fever all weekend and I took him in and confirmed what we thought might be true. It's so weird though...not one time has he tugged at his ears or anything! What a trooper, that Parkerman.
As like always when DD visits, we take on a project. This visit we decided to paint Parker's room. We are going with a Tennessee Vols theme. I know, I know...but it will look so very cute and little boyish when we finally get it done! We painted the ceilings and walls white (no, they weren't already white, they were builders eggshell, which now looks so very dirty compared to the white that looks so crisp and clean!) and installed a chair rail and painted Vols orange below the rail. And yes, there is a color called Tennessee Vols Orange, so we are official!!! When we get everything done, I'll post a picture. I still have to paint his little attached bathroom and order his bedding!! It will be a Vols explosion, but what else do you expect??

On another Vols note...the game last night was so sad. They did sooo great on Saturday night beating #1 Memphis, but I think it was just tooo many big games in a row and they couldn't hold out to beat Vandy. Oh well, at least they can say that they were #1 for about what? 29 hours or something like that?? Go Vols, anyway!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

L Stewart said...

too cute!! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Jennifer said...

Okay that is hilarious. When we moved into our condo, the second bedroom was decorated in Texas Longhorns so your room sounds like it will look similar.

I like your new layout! It's been awhile since I've visited and was surprised when the page came up.

I couldn't believe the pictures of Jonathan -- is it possible that he was our ChiO mascot????? He's soo grown up!

Danna Ramsey said...

Hey, Jennifer James! Long time! You've got 3 cuties there. And I second the comment about Jonathan. Forever he will be the kid that was painted blue... Um, this is Danna (Stokes), BTW. :-)

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

Uh-hmmm....six-word memoir, please?

Cute room! Love the orange!!!

Brandon said...

Beware. CPS monitors blogs to look for parents that allow their toddlers to climb ladders.