Last night we had our small groups church at our house. After bible study we all sat around and ate while the guys watched the Super Bowl and yelled at the TV. I have to say, it was a GREAT game!! The Giants came out, shut down the Patriots and got to business. Now there are 2 Manning brothers that have Super Bowl rings and MVP trophies, 2 years in a row! That is pretty cool. I know, it could have been history made with the Patriots going undefeated and winning the Super Bowl. Yadda, Yadda, Yadda... But guess what? I guess they just didn't want it as much as the Giants because that is the team with the Vince Lombardi Trophy today! YES! Can you tell that I wanted the Giants to win?
Okay, enough football for today, I promise. I could post about college basketball and how exciting it is getting, but I won't go there for all of you non-sports fans (Miss Tammie!)
Here is the thing I got grossed out about last night....
When we were getting ready for everyone to come over last night, I did the same thing that I always do....Clean the bathrooms, vacuum, scrub the kitchen down and then get out the paper supplies for group. You know....plates, napkins, cups....We have one shelf that has all the stuff on it, so I just grabbed it out of there and put it all on the counter. Fast forward to when everyone is there, the game is on, it's loud (our group has so many kids, it sounds like Six Flags on a busy day...very loud.) Everyone is getting their food, and one of the dads says, "There is something on this cup." Then the mom says, "It's oosing out of this stack of cups." My mind is racing, why would there be dirty cups in my clean stack of plastic cups? Where did these cups come from?? I didn't worry about it then, I just took the stack of dirty cups, threw them alway and got out new ones (from the package that I keep in the laundry room.)
It bugged me ALL night. I mean, what if someone actually drank from one of those dirty cups? Oh, I am so grossed out...cringing at the thought. So then I asked Aaron. Yeah, should have known to ask my sweet husband. Love him, but should have known. Last week he went around and stacked up all of the dirty cups and put them on the counter to throw away, but the garbage was full so he left them there. Then me, wanting my counters to be cleaned off (I like for my kitchen counters to be clean...it really bugs me when they aren't. Although, I don't mind my clothes being all over my bed...another story) took the stack of cups that I thought were unused from that night and put them back in the cabinet. He just thought that I had thrown them away. Not his fault at all, he was going to get another garbage bag. I was the one who put the (unknowingly dirty) cups back in the cabinet. Agggh! That is just so gross to think about still....and I did it!!
Yeah, gross. Just say it. So, this morning I went and checked the cups that I put away last night. They are clean, un-touched. I promise.
Oh, and did I mention that Parker ate so much junk, (via us, his loving parents) that he threw up ALL over me, in the kitchen, right in the middle of all of the chaos in our house last night?
I LOVE my life. For real, God gives me a reason to look back everyday and smile. After that little one threw up and we had both changed our clothes, he hugged and loved on me before he laid down to go to sleep. And for THAT, I am so very thankful.
Still grossed out about the cups and the throw up, but thankful!
Monday, February 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Ewww! That's a funny story. It's better than my first guess of what it was! Hope Parker is feeling better!
Hey Jen!
It is so great to keep up with the Greens through this website. We miss you guys so much! We have quite a few new young couples at church which makes it nice, but we still miss you guys. Our Life group has combined with the Hodnett's and it is so fun.
Watch out for those dirty cups! Love ya girl!
Eww is right girl! I had just grabbed one of those cups and was drinking out of it! I am being serious; however, I really don't care. I have 2 kids.... I'm sure I've been exposed to way 'grosser' things... The joys and realities of motherhood!
love,
steph
Thanks, Jennifer, for letting me know who played in the Super Bowl and who won. I had no idea...I did know that a guy from Harding played on one of the teams but I have no idea which one. I watched a sappy movie on Hallmark last night. Tim is in Whistler skiing this week with his buddies and I'm hibernating doing nothing but what I want to do when i want to do it...I may not get dressed all week! (I do have to study for my Thursday night class...reckon I'll be bored by then and ready to get out? Somehow I doubt it, but I will do it.) Hope you have a great week!
I will make sure to never use your plastic cups when I come to visit. I am kidding.
will you please post the "trampline head" pictures. They are super cute.
love you.
So yucky and SO funny! I thought those kind of things only happened to me.
You know, you didn't have to share that with us!
Yes, I did.
Post a Comment