Thursday, November 29, 2007

Romo vs. Farve

I have to admit something. I have been a Cowboys fan my whole life. Being from Arkansas, we don't have an NFL team in our state so Texas is about as close as it gets for us. When I was little, the Dallas Cowboy Hoopsters (some of the football players had a little basketball team during the off season that would play for fundraisers or something like that...honestly, I don't remember why they came to Searcy, I was 7 years old) came to to Searcy and played against some men from the Optimist club. My dad was in the club (and on the basketball team) and he got to guard Too Tall Jones during the game....of course, my dad is 6'1" or so and Ed Jones is 6'9"...it was a fun game, though. I got to meet Danny White when I was little, too and that was a complete dream....oh, the quarterback for the Cowboys, WOW!! I was so starstruck.

The point is, I was a Cowboys fan from the beginning. Now, I actually LIVE in Texas, but I really am not that big of a fan anymore. I love the Colts. Probably because of Peyton Manning, but I still love the Colts. We've been to 2 Cowboys games in our one year in this part of Texas. Did we yell for the Cowboys? No, we were there to watch the Colts, but I still like America's Team. I do enjoy watching them play and Tony Romo is getting easier for me to watch (it is very hard sometimes!) But tonight's game is going to be GREAT!! Farve vs. Romo. I just can't wait until tonight!! There is other stuff going on later tonight so the Tivo will be running, I just can't wait to see how this match up turns out, for everyone....Go Packers, I mean, Go Cowboys, I mean Go Packers....ARRGGG! Who can just pull for one of these teams? Not me!! I can yell for them BOTH!! I'm just glad that we have DISH network so that we can see the game tonight...are there anymore Cowboys fans out there?

3 comments:

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Sorry, Jenn, I never cared about any sport when I didn't know someone who was playing...

Shellie Salza said...

You and your interest in football is intriguing to me. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE football season because I can nap on the couch while Mike yells at the tv, but that's about as far as my love for football goes. That and the fact that my husband loves the game so very much. I know he likes it when I get into it, so in between snores I occassionally yell out something to let him know I'm with him still. The things we do for love...

Anonymous said...

I just love my Colts. We had the Packers/Cowboys game on but I only payed enough attention to see that Packers were getting spanked early on and then made a game out of it later on. I'm with you about the joys of Dish network and the Tivo thing though. Sometimes we purposefully don't start a game until 30 min-1 hour in so we can zip through commercials. :)
Dena