Monday, October 08, 2007

Lake Texoma

Oh my word! We had such a fun weekend with 6 other families from our church out at Lake Texoma!! There is a Church camp, Texoma Youth Camp (I would link you to it, but the site is down right now, so that would just be silly) out in Pottsboro, TX, about an hour and a half from here, it is so great!!
The kids ran around, got dirty, played games and just had a great time being together outside in God's beauty. I loved every minute of the weekend....well, except when SusieQ was having so much fun that she didn't want to take time out to go to the bathroom and just went in her pants. Oh my word. She smelled SOOOO bad. When I asked her why she pee peed in her pants, she said, "my legs didn't want to take me to the restroom, they wanted to stay out and play. " I almost died laughing. I kept a straight face and she got a good shower.
This is a picture of us all on our little hike we took. We are looking at the Indian tree. Back many many years ago, the Indians would tie down a tree and point it to the water in the area, so they would know what direction the water was from the forest of all the straight trees. There was a long branch that stuck out straight to the water, but it has broken, but you can still see the bending tree among the tall straight trees. Neat little piece of history, I thought!
They have this vehicle out at camp, called the "mule." I can only assume it is called that because the "mule" should be used to haul stuff, but we didn't do that...we would just pile in the kids and give them rides all around camp....they LOVED it! Notice, there are seat beats and they are using them!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: