Monday, September 24, 2007

The RANGERS!!!

Our Young Families bible class at church had an fun time at the Rangers game this weekend. Parkerman sat in his little seat for a total of about 2 minutes. Good thing we didn't pay for him a seat, eh? He really liked all the big baseballs that they have on the top of the stadium...he kept yelling, "BALL!!" every time we would see another one (they are all around the top) and at night, they light up!!
Sus and her little buddies ate much popcorn and watched very little baseball, but they had a great time together. Our seats were pretty high up and if you thought about it too much, you could probably make yourself pretty dizzy. I loved it. Watching the game, seeing the kids enjoy the atmosphere of the park with friends, and just life in general was great that evening. There is nothing like a baseball game to make a person smile!
The girls were starting to get a little rowdy by the 5th inning, so I let Sus take some pictures. I have some really great ones of our preacher's head and many other photos. Some of people that were not paying attention to my little one who was taking their picture, so those will be deleted or used for bribery...I'm not sure which, yet. :) We left before the fireworks went off that evening. Actually, we left after the 5th inning because it was already 10:30 we all needed baths and some sleep if we were going to be civil at church the next day!! We got home about 11, got the kids bathed and to bed and then we watched the Arkansas game. I will tell you what, Houston Nutt had better get those boys on the ball or his days are numbered!! They lost to Kentucky, for goodness sake!! I was NOT a happy camper, but it was nice to see a Georgia win over Alabama. Good games, just not the best outcomes for everyone and that, my friend, is what is AWESOME about college football Saturdays! You never know who is going to win.....




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tammie's Thoughts said...

So Aaron wore a Tennesse shirt to a Rangers game?
Guess that's what true Vols do. About ten people at church on Sunday had on orange shirts.

Anonymous said...

sniff, sniff . . . poor SMU! The game against TCU was televised here so we actually had to witness the defeat!

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

I'm with Dyane. We were hoping for a Mustang victory. Dumb old Horned Frogs.

We completely missed the sign-up for the game! I'm sure it was fun...but it would have been more fun with US, right?