Wednesday, September 19, 2007

What are little boys made of?

Our little boy has been quite active lately...not like he wasn't already, but now this little man thinks he rules the roost! He gets this great cheesy smile on his face when he sees a camera coming his direction. As the daughter of a photographer, I love it! My family says that all 4 of us kids have being doing that since we were born, so I just assume it is in the genes.
Sunday morning before church, while his daddy was supposed to be watching him, he climbed up in a chair and grabbed the bag of cereal and of course, dumped it out....joy!! It was more like, "SCORE!" for Parkerman. He was so excited. So, we let him enjoy the cereal for about 30 seconds and then I swept the kitchen. Then of course, we had to change his clothes because they were all sticky with Apple Zingers (yes, I buy off brand Apple Jacks for a treat once in a while.) But, we weren't late for church!!

This week, he has been climbing on everything and I mean EVERYTHING. He has given me some mini-strokes and heart attacks in the process, but no broken bones or ER visits...YET. Then yesterday afternoon the boy found a stamp pad and stuck it to his face! What in the world? Why would you stick a stamp pad to your face? Who knows? But I do know that I love this boy with every beat of my heart and I am so thankful for him, even when he is a human monkey!!!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Tammie's Thoughts said...

He's a BOY! That's why he would stick a stamp pad to his face or dump a box of cereal or climb on everything in sight...it's in boy genes...

Once Joe(y) dumped his bowl of cereal, yes, milk and all, on Laura's head because she was pestering him and he told her very plainly that if she didn't stop that he was going to do that - he was not quite 4 at the time. She didn't stop and he turned the cereal bowl upside down right on her head...

Dont you just love all the adventures you have waiting for you with that precious little boy?!?

Amber said...

I love that your first instinct was to grab your camera instead of the broom. You are a true blogger. I am so thankful.

I can't wait to see what this little guy has in store for you.

Love and busy boys,

Anonymous said...

Oh, the stamp makes me think of a time when Grace was probably 1. The best aunt in the world, me, of course...decides to drive her thru mcdonalds and get her a happy meal. In dads brand new car.
The toy was a Barbie/stamp. All of a sudden I hear this bang, bang, bang, ....i just think she is kicking the seat. Well, I turn around and she has stamped Barbie all over dads new car windows, seats, etc.
It came out....thank goodness.
love ya'll.

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

I think I need a copy of that last pic! He is TOO CUTE!

I'm so thankful that little one is OK!

Rushton said...

snerk! the look on his face with the ink is priceless! tee hee! can't wait to find out what he does with lipstick or magic markers!

BW said...

That boy is definitely a keeper!

Shellie Salza said...

YES, welcome to the wonderful world of boys! You think your girls were busy...just wait! Boys (and men for that matter) think to do things that I just can not figure. I've told Adison not to do something before because it will hurt and he's looked at me and said, "How much will it hurt?"

Anonymous said...

LOL - welcome to my world (and C has only learned from the boys, not taught them any behavior that could be deemed girly or delicate!)

Sara said...

Maybe I just need to stick with girls. Laura doesn't really like a dot of marker on her hands!

Very cute pics!

Jennifer said...

I enjoyed catching up today on what's happening with you. That post about Parker made me laugh -- why does he have to experience the whole world primarily through his mouth????

Anyway, I will keep Grace in my prayers. We have friends here whose 5 year old is going through some things at school too for the first time, and it's sooo hard. I'm glad she is doing better; I will pray that things only continue to even out.