Grace said that she wanted a castle cake for her birthday. Since we have postponed the princess party for a few weeks, I decided to make a small castle cake, just for our family (and for the birthday girl, of course!) to eat on for the next for days. She loved it and she even helped decorate the cake. They waited all day for Daddy to get home so we could blow out her candles and get off to Six Flags. Okay, if you are even thinking of going to Six Flags this summer, I HIGHLY suggest that you don't go until after 5 pm.
It is great!! We have gone the past 2 weeks, each time after 5 PM and it has been like a dream. No lines (except for the big roller coasters, you may have to wait for one group to go in front of you, but that is it!)...the girls rode EVERY ride in the kids area and then every ride in the park that they wanted. We didn't even get in the park until 6:30, but there was no blazing sun, so no sunscreen (with a redhead and a baby that is a big deal) and the heat factor isn't there, hardly at all!! Of course, you have the stink factor from all the people that have been there all day long, but we can make it through that....
When Grace and I got off of the Sponge Bob Squarepants 4D ride (I know, I don't like SBSP either, but it's a ride, come on, and it is fun) there was a KISS cover band. It brought back memories of being a little girl and TOTALLY being scared of them when I was little...Gene Simmons was always sooo scary to me with that tongue. They even had a guy in this band that did the same faces as Mr. Simmons, himself. We didn't stay to listen, I think it was scaring my kids, too, but there were some die hard KISS fans there that were loving life!
I have to recommend that you go and stay for the Cirque Dream Coobrila Show at Six Flags. The show starts at 9:30 and it is so amazing! There are all kinds of acts going on during this show...it was so not like a normal show you would see at a park...even Parker was mesmorized. We all really enjoyed the show and the performers all came out afterwards for pictures. We didn't get a picture (way too many people) but Grace got a high five from two of the performers and that was better for her, I'm sure!!
Grace said it was the "Best birthday, EVER!" I have to agree with her...no lines and no heat and we were at Six Flags? What a day!!
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Sounds like you are leading a fairy tale life...castle cakes and Six Flags every week...talk about making fun memories with your kids!
happy birthday Grace, I can't believe what a big girl you are. You are so pretty.
Love from alaska
Ant
I'm totally impressed with the cake that you made. Wow. Grace is a beautiful little girl!
Fantastic cake! I am very impressed and will use the idea one day for my little "princess". I'm glad y'all had a great day!
Loved the cake! Glad you had a great Birthday, Grace! My middle son Ian understands your delay! After5 moving to TN almost a year ago, we don't know many people so Ian's birthday was just family- he was a little sad. Hope your princess party is a good one!!!!
Post a Comment