Okay, it seems I have forgotten some things (Parker is going to be the smartest of the 3 children in our family because he took all of my brain cells when he was born!!) I have been reminded that the first real concert was Whitesnake and Tesla. The reason I was reminded was that Aaron was at the same concert....pretty cool...the guy I was going to marry was at the same concert, the same club, the same town and same spring break, but we didn't meet until years later. It also turns out that our high schools played each other in basketball and baseball...Aaron also came to Spring Sing at Harding 2 of the years that I was in it and remembered both of our shows (we did win, after all, so it WAS memorable), yet we still didn't meet until 1997, in Florida, at church. Neat.
Oh, and I went to LOTS of concerts growing up, but going to them on Harding's campus with your parents doesn't really count for me because we went to everything on campus...Kenny Rodgers, The Statler Brothers, The Oak Ridge Boys, the dude in the silver pyramid that played the keyboard (Michael Iceburg or something was his name)...if it was country in the 80's, we heard it!! We were those kids whose parents dropped them off every Friday night at the Benson auditorium for the movies with their friends...of course that is also when it was FREE! Oh to be a kid growing up on a college campus...great fun and always lots of stuff to do!!
Okay, I'm done but I forgot to tag Dyane, I know she has so much time with all of Jeff's family in town and all!! We are enjoying VBS at church this week...staying busy and getting ready for our visit to DD and Gramps house coming up really quick!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I do remember that man in the pyramid playing those 18 different keyboards. Those were the days for tons of concerts. We don't have nearly as many now. So sad.
Yes, pyramid man was cool. Scott was working security then and I got free passes occasionally. I think my Aaron was at that one!
I remember going to 1964 as the Beatles and assuring Laura that this concert would not be like the one at Mud Island that we had just gone to (I think that one was Tiffany that she and her friend April just had to go to where everyone stood and screamed the whole time and she hated it!) but when we got to the Benson, it was just like Mud Island (without the alcohol). We had a great time anyway with our friends!
Post a Comment