Monday, July 09, 2007

Happy Birthday Grace!!

Today Grace turns 6 years old! All day yesterday she told us, "You know, tomorrow I am going to be 6" She was pretty bummed yesterday because she found out that 3 of her friends that she invited to her Princess Party on Friday are going to be out of town and can't come to her party. Which for some kids wouldn't really be a big deal, but Grace really only has a few friends because of us just moving here in January. She (and us, too) loves her church friends and we are so thankful that there are such sweet girls (and Jackson) at church that are here age. Actually, yesterday was a very emotional day...many tears, but her daddy tried to make her feel better by buying her a 15 foot trampoline. Well, we were going to buy it anyway, it just turns out that we got it yesterday admid the tear fest. Oh, to be the mother of little girls!! Of course we didn't think about how long it would take to put the trampoline together....the two boxes that it came in are HUGE and barely fit into the Tahoe. So, all we got accomplished yesterday after church was moving the boxes in the house. Hopefully we will tackle that project tomorrow. We heard one of our friends say it took them 3 hours and they had help! AKK! Anyone want to put up a trampoline?
No bother, we'll get it done, that is the Green way, right? :) Grace got up bright and early this morning, ready to eat her breakfast on the beloved, "Happy Birthday" plate. And today she also gets to pick what we eat for all the meals! Tonight we are going to Six Flags after dinner for some rides and some family birthday fun and hopefully forgetting about the postponed Princess Party. Postponed to when? Yeah, we don't know either...I'm thinking maybe VBS week when I know everyone will be in town...I don't know, I may just be too worn out to do VBS and a party, we will see. I'm sure Grace will hold me to whatever we decide until then.
When my parents came for Parker's birthday last week, inbetween rain storms, we took the kids to the zoo and it was perfect. The temp. was just great and there were no crowds AT ALL! Of course, who wants to pay when you know you are going to get wet? But we have passes!! We went for about 2 hours and it was great...Nana even bought them the little seed sticks to feed the birds (which I never do...sorry, but I don't) so they LOVED feeding the birds. So, we are off to celebrate Grace's big day today. I think we even might go to the zoo again!!
Happy birthday, Sweet Grace! We love you and are so very thankful for you, our favorite little redhead!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Grace!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! (Hope that you are able to get the princess her party as deserved!)

Amber said...

Happy Birthday, Gracie Girl!!!!

Caleb is trying to figure a way to get to TX... even if it is a princess party!!!

Love and party on...

akscotts said...

Happy Birthday Grace!

Riley & Kinley

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to the cutest, little redhead I know. She will always be "our princess"!!!! Have fun at Six flags...Love you all

BW said...

Grace, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Come to visit us.

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Happy, happy, happy birthday, Gracie! I'm needing a Gracie hug about now! Can't wait to see you agian!