Friday, July 06, 2007

He turned one!

Since we were having just a small family party this year, we decided to go with the old standby, the football cake! The girls and I went to Hobby Lobby to look at different cake pans and we just didn't see one that was screamin' at us, so we figured, "He's a boy, right? Let's make him a football cake!" I bought this cake pan when we first got married and I have used it more than any other pan in my collection, all combined! We use it for Super bowl parties, national championship parties and of course, Aaron's birthday. Can you tell that we love us some football around here? Maybe I could've gone with some less "girlie" handwriting on the cake, but come on, it's cake!!
Parker had to love on Daisy for the camera. He just loves that dog something silly and Daisy loves him, too. She is so protective of him. When he was a baby, Daisy would guard Parker and wouldn't let people get too close to him. In this picture, she looks like an evil dog with the crazy eyes, but she is a sweetie in real life and we love her to pieces. She's a great little yorkie. Of course, the girls call Parker, "Parkie Yorkie" so I guess they are perfect together!
Parker really loved the cake. But of course, I didn't need to tell you that. The little man loves ANYTHING!! We went for his 12 month check up yesterday (and shots, sorry Parkerman) and he is doing great! He weighs 23.9 pounds, 30.5 inches long, has 12 teeth (yes, I said TWELVE!)and is talking up a storm, which I hear is quite good for a little boy. He says, Mama, Dada, Dog, Sus, and something that sounds like Gracie...of course, he has quite a bit of other chatter as well, but those are the words that he really knows and says to us, anyway. The kid is really a rocket scientist and can say anything, he just doesn't want us to feel silly so he makes us feel better by talking "down" to us, right? :)
My parents came for the week and they brought my sister (yeah!) for the weekend. Jess had to fly back on Sunday night, but we are so glad that she came for just a few days!! We love us some Aunt Jess! Mom and Jess are trying to un-do all the little ties that are on the toys so that Parker can play with them....they are definitely not getting them undone quickly!! he he he
I know, Parker is a little out of focus in this picture, but he was so cute with the little balls and smiling that I had to post this pic. He had a great first birthday and we are so thankful that God has blessed our family with this sweet little guy!

5 comments:

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Looks like a fun birthday party with your family! So glad everything went well and fun was had by all!

Amber said...

Fun, Fun, Fun! I love the hats and hate those little tie things, too!

Love and big boys,

Dallas said...

What a sweet boy! Happy birthday! I love that all the adults had on hats too. I demanded that at Nora's party. I mean, come on, they weren't free :).

Anonymous said...

We wore the hats proudly and blew those little paper whistles...Parker loved it all. We had a great time with you last week...now the work begins on the game room! xxxoooo

Jennifer said...

Jenn, it looks like you had a great time. How much better can a birthday be when the kiddo has fun and you get to see family and celebrate!?

Good to catch up...happy birthday to Grace too!