Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My Valentines!


Happy Valentine's Day! Things have just been a hoppin' at our house this past week. Aaron's mom arrived and we have been busy. Aaron always puts his mom to work when she comes and visits and we have gotten so much done on the house. We painted the living room and kitchen on Saturday...it's amazing what a $16 bucket of paint will do for a room! Monday we painted Grace's room light purple and yesterday morning we painted Susie's room light pink (of course!)....we went our shopping yesterday afternoon for some new furniture for the girls rooms. Okay, if you have not priced kids furniture lately, you will be soooo floored. They wanted over $500 for a daybed at one store and it wasn't even all wood! It was that fake stuff....I'm not a builder of fine furniture or anything, but even I can put the fake stuff together and not charge an arm and a leg for it in a kids department!

We went to IKEA on Sunday after church. If you have not been, I so suggest you go, but go knowing that you have to spend at least 2-3 hours there. They even have babysitting! It was great. The girls played in the playroom and we shopped for one whole hour by ourselves. Aaron and I are going back in a few hours to get some things for the kids and Aaron's mom is going to stay with the little ones while we get a few hours away!
Aaron's took the past 3 days off while his mom has been here and it's been great fun...of course, we have been painting and working, but anytime is fun time together.

The girls loved their Valentines this morning...Grace got a rose,Cinderella 3(new movie) and a Kim Possible sweatshirt (she loves that red-headed supergirl!)....Sus was so excited because she got her very own Care Bear. She has been carting around Grace's purple Care Bear for about 2 weeks, so Grace is happy she got one, too!
Hope that you have a wonderful Valentine's Day and know that some little Valentine's in Texas love you!!!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's to you guys, too! Hope that you have yet another productive day. (And please tell Mrs. Green that we said hi! My mom gets here on Saturday and I can't wait.) Happy IKEA'ing - I thought it was great too!

Amber said...

Happy Valentine's lots of love to your family!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Favorite Sister!!!!
I love you! Happy Valentines Day...You deserve a million roses for being the BEST WIFE AND BEST SISTER EVER!!!
I love you for taking care of my favorite 3 kids in the world!!
xoxoxox,
jess

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day!! Hope you remembered to give the kids their goodies that I left for them in the office??? The kids were late leaving tonight so sorry I didn't get to call. Glad Dixie is doing such a good job with all the painting, that will just leave shopping for me!!!ha
Love to all.

Rushton said...

Look at those teeth! Feed that boy some steak!