Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Farm Program

Last night was Grace's Kindergarten farm program. There were no specific costumes, just dress up like animals from the farm. So, here is chicken Grace! Lucky for us, Grace was a chicken for Halloween a few years ago and we had bought her costume too big then (they like to dress up in them after halloween, so I always get them a little bigger!) and it still fit her (enough) for this program. The sleeves were a little short, but she was still a cute little chicken!
Grace had the very first lines of the program. She was the "welcome" kid and did a super job! She spoke very clearly and you could understand her...but I'm not biased or anything, at all! :) The program was cute. Only a few kids got speaking parts, so that has given Grace a little extra confidence in a new classroom and all. We were sooo proud of her, for sure!!
Susie was excited to see her big sister on stage and gave her a big hug when it was all over! Of course, she wanted to be on stage with her. "I want to be a little chicken beside my big sister chicken, Mommy!"....Sisters!
Parker is a full force little one now....he started crawling Friday night and boy, oh boy, he is soooo fast and into everything! I'm going to try and post some video of him crawling later. Last night we had his car seat on the living room floor and he played in it for over an hour! For right now, I have to do some research on new car seats for he and Susie. He is at the very end of this car seats life...he weighs over 20 lbs. and is almost 29 inches long...they aren't made for big boys very long! Any help, anyone on good car seats? Susie needs a new one, too. She is in a Britax roundabout right now, but is just too tall, too....what am I going to do with these tall kids?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Cute, cute kids! I can't wait to see them. I was wondering if supermom, Jenn, made the chicken costume and I was relieved to read that it was store bought!

Amber said...

Hey I remember that chicken costume! What a bunch of cutie pies. Looks like you'll be even busier with Parker crawling around! Let us know what you find out about car seats, we have tall ones too!

Love and -4

Anonymous said...

Yah!! What a cute chicken!!I knew my Grace would do well. Go Parker!!

laura said...

What a precious little chicken. I love the picture of her hugging her Susie, what precious sisters! So I'm guessing by the car seat dilema that it looks like none of the three took after mommy's height genes :) just kidding! I'm so glad to see that you guys are settling in and I hope it's feeling more and more like home everyday!

Rushton said...

If you are considering a nickname for a certain adorable farm animal...Chicken has served me well for 49 years!