Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I'm so excited!

I got a phone call last week from some of our younger friends in Searcy who need a place to stay in a few weekends here in our neck of the woods. Of course, we were so excited to have company and said yes...then not a day later do I get an e-mail from my roommate from college saying that they (she, her husband and little boy) are coming the same weekend! I'm sooooo excited! I haven't seen Shellie since Homecoming 2001 when Grace was 3 months old and that is WAY too long to go in-between visits, for sure.

Things are starting to get pretty busy around here. Last night I went to the movies with 6 other girls from church. It was fun, we went to the Grapevine-Mills Mall and then we went and saw, "Catch and Release"...your typical chick flick, but hey, we are chicks, right? It was the first time I have been to the movies without children in tow in about 7 months...we went when Parker was about 2 weeks old and my mom stayed with the kids and we saw "Superman Returns." Pretty sad, eh? Now that I know Aaron can stay with the kids and live to see another day, I will participate in girls night more often!! Thanks, Aaron, it wasn't so bad was it? :)

Aaron's mom flies in tonight for 10 days so I have got to get off this computer and start cleaning. The day she flies back to Seattle, Shellie and our Searcy friends come for the weekend!! So the madness begins!! I can't wait!!

1 comment:

laura said...

We are so excited that you are getting to have so many visitors coming! They are great fun, and grandmas are great help :) And I'm so glad that you got to go out with the girls! Was the movie good? I'll have to watch for it to come out on DVD here... who knows, there might be a good pirated one already :) And I wanted to say thank you so much for the package of children medicines... they got here last week and we are so grateful! You were so thoughtful to do that for us! God bless you guys!