You know it's going to be an interesting day when your son poops on you before he even opens his eyes. Yes, I was holding my sleeping son and felt something warm. Not a good feeling. Even more not a good feeling when you only have about 2 pairs of pants that fit you and you know he just pooped on one pair! I know, I could go out and buy some new pants, but if I did that, I would have no reason to go out and run and loose my baby weight, right? I'm trying here, I'm REALLY trying, but wow, the weight just doesn't fall off us normal people like it does the movie stars that have personal trainers and work out 5 hours a day. I'm lucky if I get in 30 minutes!! Oh well, that is what makes us normal and them stars. I would much rather raise my own children and enjoy their sweet kisses and hugs and all the messes that they make, than have a nanny raise them for me. I love my babies and all their messes (well, almost all!!)
Speaking of messes, and no, this isn't about poop again. We are getting ready for our big trip to Tennessee. I've got a mess of laundry to do! We are leaving tomorrow and stopping to spend the night with my sister and brother-in-law in Little Rock and on Friday we are off to Jamestown, TN to see Nana and Papaw York and then spend Saturday and Sunday in Knoxville at the Vols game and Mamaw's house for a Green family reunion. Aaron is very excited about the game on Saturday. I am very nervous. The Vols (still ranked in the top 25, but not very high this year) are playing Cal (who is #13 or 15, I believe) and I just want them to win! It's the first game of the year and the first game that Aaron and his dad have ever been to together and they are taking Parker (and me, his mom, and sister and brother-in-law.) It should be lots of fun! I was not very happy about taking Grace out of school for so many days, they have only been in school for 11 days and now we are taking her out for 5 days! A reunion on Labor Day weekend is great for people that live in the same state, but when you have to drive 18 hours with a newborn...AKKKK! That is TRUE love for your family. Of course, we haven't seen some of Aaron's cousins since we have been married, so it's going to be fun. The kids do need to see their greatgrandparents and Aaron's Nana hasn't been doing very good lately. It's sad to see the people that we love so much get old, feeble and forget so many things. I know that whatever happens with all of our family, God has a place waiting for them and that makes me feel at peace. I know I will miss them all, but wow, to be with God, how can anything compare? It can't so I'm just going to be thankful that we all get this weekend together and hope for many more with family. Off to fold and pack!!
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
God bless you for driving that far -- your family should be incredibly thankful! But I hope that the weekend turns out to be full of joy for all of you and worth the trip. By the way, Parker is so adorable! That smile is precious!
I'm proud of you for being willing to take that trip for your family! And they should be grateful that you are willing to do it, too! Not everyone in our families has always been willing to travel with their little ones (it's just too hard on the baby or mom or some such excuse) and we've missed lots of fun family times as a result. You won't be sorry you made the trip! God bless you with an uneventful trip and a wonderful visit with your family!
Happy traveling! (-:
(And I can COMPLETELY relate about the pants thing!!!!)
Bless you! And, if you need anything, Tennessee I-40 exit 172 has beds and a washing machine for children of my old friends!
Have a wonderful trip. My wish for you: Parker likes to sleep in the car, the girls like the DVDs you pick out, all three stay in the back seat for at least an hour and let you enjoy some time talking with Aaron without the three cuties needing something else, and the best of all that all three fall asleep for naps at the same time!
Be careful and enjoy all the surprises.
Post a Comment