
This morning Parker had his 2 month check up and shots. Needless to say, he did NOT like the shots, but who does? They have a new vaccine for the rotovirus and it is an oral vaccine, which I personally like much better than the nurse sticking my little one 3 times in his oh so small legs. He cried a cry I had never heard today, a cry of pure pain...oh, those are the worst. I'm not going to be a whiney mom, because I know I will hear this cry everytime we go for shots, it's just not very fun for him!! He weighs 10lbs. 3 ozs. and is just over 22.5 inches long!! So, happy 2 month birthday cutie...you are a sweet one!
Last Monday afternoon we had some fun company from Michigan. Jeff and Dyane Townley and their cute kids drove up from their Dallas/Ft. Worth vacation to see us for the late afternoon/dinner. It was great! I had never met Jeff or Dyane before. Aaron was in their wedding, but they got married right before Aaron and I met. Jeff and Aaron grew up in Crestview as neighbors and as great friends. Dyane and I have become friends thru Christmas letters, e-mailing and now blogging the past few years. It was so cool to finally meet them both in person. They have 3 boys and a beautiful little girl. Grace and Susannah loved their boys, Andrew, Timothy and Jonathan (as you can see in the picture)....Grace was all over Andrew all night (sorry, Dyane! I don't know what we are going to do with that girlie, ground her until she is atleast 30!!) and Susannah and Jonathan were quite the 2 year olds at the restaurant. It was a great evening and I am so glad that we all finally got together. Now we have a reason to go to Michigan and visit!
Keep our friend Jake in your prayers. Amber made up a website that tells about his progress. http://www.howisjake.blogspot.com or see my links over to the right and click on his blog. Susannah and Grace are little prayer warriors and I'm so thankful. Everytime they pray, they always mention Jake....Thank you God for sweet babies, I mean, big girls!
Have a super Monday!!
3 comments:
Glad you survived our visit! Come to Michigan anytime!!!
Continued prayers going out for Jake.
Precious Parker! I can hardly wait to see him in real life! ...and the rest of you all , too, of course! Love you all!
It was great to hear from you. Things in pregnant land are okay...a little sleepless right now...actually, as I am sure you understand, a lot sleepless right now. I plan to rememdy that somehow soon! You need to let me know when ya'll are planning your next one so we can coordinate again. Haha! I am not even talking next one at this point! I am excited to keep up with your sweet family as well. I hear a sick Julianne calling. Have a great day. I will keep your friend Jake in my prayers.
Post a Comment