Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Daddy is in charge
Tonight I went to a wedding shower and left Aaron here at home with all 3 kids. Most of the time, I take Parker with me and Aaron just watches the girls, but tonight I was only gone for an hour or so they should have been fine. I don't know what I was thinking when I thought this, but driving home from the shower, I thought, "It will be so nice to come home to a quiet house and have the girls already in bed"....yah, what was I thinking? I pulled in and could hear Parker crying while I was in the garage. Aaron was out in the Tahoe installing the new DVD player in the car (the other one broke) and left the 3 kids in the house. I opened the door to Parkers screaming, Susannah was naked and Grace was sitting on the couch, her eyes staring at the TV. It was 8:45 and my kids usually go to bed at 8:00....so I picked up Parker, got Susannah some pj's and asked Grace what they had been doing. She says, "Oh, you know, Mom, just watching TV, oh, and Susie pee peed in her pants"....Great, yet something else to clean up and get the kids to bed and clean up their dinner mess that they left on the dining room table...so much for leaving Daddy in charge! :)Anyone else have any Daddy stories? Gotta love 'em....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Not one I'll share without starring on "Divorce Court" tomorrow...but how is it that daddies can be ALONE and the kids are less than 10' away in the same room?
Just to warn you, we lived in our current house 8 years before I was ever alone in it for more than an hour. Sad, isn't it? HA!
Once when Tim was supposed to be watching Laura and April, they gave each other haircuts! That was really fun to fix! Dad's have selective hearing, you know...
Oh, NO WAY! I would have thrown a hissy fit. I would've gotten back in the car and left. He would take care of it.....instead of installing the dvd player. OOOOHHHH I would've been ticked! So much for your relaxing evening.
love you.
There was the time when Daddy took an eleven month old precious baby girl to the store with another coach along for the ride. When they returned from the store the precious baby girl had a 12 inch caramel and chocolate candy bar in her hand and all over her face and clothes. She had on a disposal diaper and a cute little short dress. In her chocolate frenzy, she had picked off a 2 inch square of the plactic covering and all the stuffing out of the diaper!
AND
I was a stay at home for for about 14 months right after Reagan was born. One lovely spring day when she was just learning to walk and had been into everything I had just had enough. Gene came home and I said I needed to be alone for a few minutes. So I handed off the care of our precious baby girl to Daddy and headed for a chair on the front porch. After about five minutes the front door opened and Daddy shoved precious baby girl onto the porch. I smelled the reason why...dirty diaper. So I very calmly opened the front door and place precious baby girl back into the living room and moved my chair to the back porch. After a couple of minutes, the back door opened and Daddy placed precious baby girl on the back porch with me. She still smelled! I opened the back door and yelled, "She is your daughter, too, and I am NOT changing this one!" He did not put her back out and he did change the diaper.
While frequently useless when I am at home, as though if I am in the vicinity they are solely MY children, Jeff generally steps up to the plate when I go out. My favorite was when I went to the grocery store when I was pregnant with #3, leaving him with nearly 2 & 4 year olds for an hour and came home to find that he had unloaded the dishwasher. He must have mentioned it 27 times, as though it was the most spectacular feat ever accomplished. Yes, I appreciated it, but give me a break. (He generally leaves his dishes in the sink waiting for the magic dish fairy to take care of them while I sit and eat my bon-bons all day.)
oh that is hilarious - i laughed so hard when i read that. i just love the differences between men and women!!! you are both such wonderful parents:) we love looking at the pics of your kids and seeing them grow up.
Post a Comment