Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A birthday wish and prayer

Today is my 32nd birthday. Grace came in bright and early (6:54am and the alarm goes off at 6:58am) and woke me up with a big "Happy Birthday Mommy!" and it was great. Of course I don't feel any older, but I still think that I'm 22...he he he. I have a birthday request. If everyone reading this blog today (and other days for that matter) could say a prayer for my friend Jake, that would make my day. Jake Collins is one of our really close friends from Alaska. He fell while he was sheep hunting on Friday and hasn't regained consciousness yet. He is in Anchorage in ICU and I know his family would be so thankful for your thoughts and prayers and that is my birthday wish.
Here is a picture of Susannah with Jake, the last time we saw him in New Mexico at his older brother's wedding. He performed the ceremony. He is quite a guy and we love Jake bunches.


 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

most definetely!

and happy birthday!

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Girl!!!!

What a thoughtful wish!

Anonymous said...

Hope that you have a great birthday! I love you bunches and bunches!

Tammie's Thoughts said...

We'll be praying for your friend...and happy birthday! Tomorrow is our 32rd wedding anniversary - the 23rd and 24th...both days I'll never forget...1974...it was a very good year!

Anonymous said...

That is a great wish for your birthday! We've been praying for Jake since I talked with you and for Rick and Ant...Hope you had a wonderful day. I did 32 years ago!!!Love you.