Tuesday and Thursdays are family night at the Public Pool here in our little town. For a little town (about 8,000 people) we have a great city pool. I have to admit, I was a little scared about the pool. Growing up in Searcy, I had become a little public pool snob. I have no idea why we quit going, but we did and I can't remember the last time I have been to a city pool...Literally it's been like 15 years. I think I was in middle school the last time that I went.
Anyway, we have been trying to get our kids at church to do stuff together for the summer, we call the program, Christ's Kids. The thought is that if our kids do things together now when they are younger(5th grade and younger), by the time they are in the youth group, they will all be friends and WANT to do stuff together as a group. Can you tell that our youth group doesn't exactly click right now? The problem could be that we don't have a youth minister and the kids don't really have a certain person to be in charge. So we are interviewing people right now for the position, so if you know of anyone that is looking for a youth minister's job, please let me know.
So, the "Christ's Kids" group does stuff on Thursdays...last Thursday we went bowling. Oh, side note here. Bowling is something that a pregnant woman should NOT do. I was fine the whole game, but when we got home, I could hardly walk. Aaron was laughing at me all day.
We had about 15 kids show up and they loved bowling and not one of them really knew what they were doing, but they were together having fun, so that's important.
Last night we all went to the City Pool and it was a blast. The pool here is just great...it's huge and they take really great care of it. The girls loved it and are asking when we can go back. We had 9 families show up last night with their kids....our summer program is a success, so far anyway, and I have discovered that my 2 year old is a little fish! Susannah didn't want to leave, she loved it so much! Grace was a little more apprehensive, but she warmed up to going into deep water by the end of the night. She starts swim lessons in July and hopefully that will help!
Tomorrow we are taking the girls to see Cars....they are soooo excited (and so am I)...I'm always up for a movie and popcorn!
Friday, June 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jenn,
Good to hear from you! Hope everything is going well with your pregnancy. I'm in grad school at ACU and should be done in about a year. After finishing at Harding, I lost pretty much all connections with TNT, friendships and the mysterious community of Searcy, Arkansas. I spent the last 4 years in youth ministry in California and Oregon. Of course, I've taken the beloved Seminoles everywhere I've journeyed. Kevin
Post a Comment