We are home! This past week, the girls and I have been in Oklahoma at Camp Lu-Ju and we had so very much fun. I honestly went thinking that I was going to drop off Grace at the church building every day and then be in Duncan to play with Susie and see some of our friends there in town. Instead, I was one of the leaders of a group of day campers for the week and boy am I tired now!! I am so glad that I got the chance to work at Lu-Jo again and see lots of old friends, but I can tell you now that being a day camp leader AND having your 2 year old to watch at the same time is for the birds!!! Someone said, "Oh, she'll be fine, she will just follow the group around"....yah, they don't know my Susie! Oh, well, with a little help from some older campers that were spending the night and God granting me LOTS of endurance, we got thru the week and it was a blast. There were 17 kids in my group from K to 3rd grade and they were all so sweet. I can't wait until next year, but next summer, hopefully I can get the kids Nana or DD to come and visit so that I can enjoy camp as much as Grace did! On the way home, Grace said, "Mom, I LOVED day camp, can we go back next year for 10 days?" I think that I would have gone into labor if day camp was 10 days long, so no, sorry Grace, Daycamp is just fine the way it is!!
Oh, Taylor Sissons was baptized on Wednesday night after flagpole time out at camp and we are so very excited as she begins her new life and walk with Jesus! Her dad, Toby came out to camp on Wednesday, so Aaron came out to see us and him. What a great gift as to be there when your child accepts Christ!
Having a few more contractions today than normal...maybe things are starting to move along and we will have a baby boy before the end of the month!! I'm just thankful that the baby held off long enough to get Grace to day camp, what a blessing all those ladies are that organized that fun week and gave their time and talent for the kids!
I forgot...our baby shower was on this past Sunday and it was great! The ladies here at our church are just so wonderful and giving! We have enough diapers to get us "covered" for a while. Parker will just be so handsome in his new outfits, too! The girls were so excited to see all of the gifts that we received...they just kept going on and on about them when we were putting everything away. I love my girlies...they just can't wait for their brother to get here, and I'm with them!!!
Thursday, June 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are nine months pregnant and worked at day camp? It is official,,,you have superhuman strength. I think they may develop a new superhero comic book and name it Jenn! Wonderful news about your friends' decision to follow her Lord.
When I didn't see any updates for a while, I wondered if Parker was already here! Glad to see all is still going well and that you are getting special time with the girls before they have to share you a bit more. (My boys are more interested in holding Caroline than hanging out with me, so they don't seem to be jealous . . . yet!)
It must be something in the James genes or those batteries that just keep going and going must be implanted in your body somewhere OR COULD IT BE THAT YOU JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO SAY NO?!?
I'm glad day camp was fun for you...Having Parker will be a breeze after that! Love you all!
Post a Comment