Saturday, June 17, 2006

Crazy!

Tonight we went up to church with some of our friends and set up these tents (more like just coverings) for VBS, which starts tomorrow night. This years' theme is "Bethlehem Village" and under each tent, the kids do a different trade that they would have done in bible times. It is going to be really cool. So, we went up and we got all these tents set up and then our family was so tired that we went to eat. We had driven 2 cars up to church just in case someone needed to go and get stuff and when we went to dinner, we just took one and left the other at the building. When we got back to the church building, the tents were a mess...it had rained pretty hard and the wind picked up something awful when we were inside eating and we didn't even know it....so we spent the next 20 minutes with our friends Kristi and Steve (they had gone somewhere to eat, too) taking apart these broken tents and getting VERY wet in the pouring rain. It was funny when I look back now, but we are going to have to do some big repairs tomorrow before VBS....
Oh, we got Grace's recital pics back today....here is it, our little monkey!

Oh, at dinner we were taking about people that didn't work for Schlumberger anymore and this is what Grace says..."There were only 11 disciples in Jesus times"
I said, "No, Grace, there were 12, remember?
Grace, "No Mom, 1 of them got kicked out, remember JUDAS!"
So, now I will always think of Judas, the disciple that got kicked out.

2 comments:

MrsM said...

Wow thats a great picture of Grace - she's just beautiful (ha, even in a monkey suit!!)

Happy fathers day to Aaron!

Anonymous said...

I think that's the very same VBS Sycamore View was doing...I was and still am in Philly so I missed it. I Hear it went great. Hope yours goes great, too!
And as always, Gracie is precious!