Thursday, June 08, 2006

Prayers

I received news last night that my roommate from college and best friends' big sister had passed away. Many of you may know my friend Shellie (Morris) Salza or her husband Mike. You may not know of her sweet sister, Stacia, who passed away on Saturday. She graduated from Harding in the fall of 1993. She was a senior when Shellie and I started Harding as little freshman. She showed us all around and taught us the "cool" places to go and hang out. She introduced us to her older friends and let us know that going to HUF would be the best experience ever. I really don't think I would have gone to HUF if it hadn't been for Stacia, she loved it so much and told everyone about the program. Stacia was just like the cool big sister that I never had. Shellie and Stacia were very close sisters. I'm so thankful that they have had each other for so many years. I'm sad because Stacia leaves behind a great husband, Russ, and 2 wonderful little children, Carley is 4 and Camryn is 19 months old. She had a very rare issue that caused an artery in her heart to collapse. She hadn't been sick, feeling bad...nothing. Russ took her to the ER on Thursday night and by Friday afternoon she was only alive by machines. They pronounced her dead Saturday morning at 10:45. I'm still in shock. This is probably one of the first friends that I have had die and I know the family is just in a state of not knowing what to do. Stacia just turned 35 in December.
Please pray for her husband,Russ,children,Carley and Camryn, her parents,Wayne and Dee, her brother, Scott,and sister, Shellie.

2 comments:

akscotts said...

i am so sorry to hear of something so sad happening. i will be praying for the family and for her friends. tanya

MrsM said...

Keeping them in our prayers, so sorry to hear.