Today Aaron went to work late and came home early so we had a fun day just being with Daddy. We decided to check out what they call, "Third Monday Trade Days" here in Graham. It was at the park, so the kids liked that, but it wasn't much more than a big garage sale. There were some neat booths, but for the most part, just used stuff. So, after we were done walking around Grace asked her Dad if we could go to Sonic for happy hour and of course, he said, "Yes, but we have to hurry, it ends in 10 minutes." Grace replies, "Well, then is it sad hour after 10 minutes?" We just laughed and drove to Sonic and made it with plenty of time to spare. I wanted to tell Grace, "Why yes, it is sad hour, because who wants to pay full price for anything?" He he he...I am a true garage sale shopper. :)
Aaron left tonight for a big job so the girls and I are going to Duncan (Oklahoma, where Grace was born) for tomorrow and Sunday. One of my good friends Lara just had a sweet baby girl and her shower is on Sunday and I get to be a hostess, since I'm finally close enough to drive to these fun events!! I'm just excited to be with friends again. We left Alaska June 19 and I'm having a hard time here in Graham. Old towns aren't used to us new folks, I suppose, and people just aren't ready to make friends yet...they better look out though, because once school starts, we are going to be having some playdates and I'll fit in with these Graham girls or make them fit in with me!! he he he It's all good!
Friday, August 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Who needs Graham girls when you have all your buddies in AK!
Love & Happy hour
Post a Comment