We received a phone call yesterday at lunch. A very kind male voice at the other end informed me that the airline that we are flying on to Las Vegas in 2 weeks has discontinued their service out of Wichita Falls and we would have to find reservations elsewhere. A refund will be coming, but not until the next credit card billing cycle. Then the nice man hung up just in time for me to realize what he had very quickly (but politely) explained. I was about to come undone. We ordered these tickets who knows when, for this trip that we have been planning for about 9 months. We even changed our hotel reservations so that we could fly on this new airline and their crazy schedule. That is what we get, I guess. Meanwhile, airline ticket prices have gone up sooo much, I almost cried when I saw the new prices! AKKKKK! And of course, now we have to drive to Dallas/Ft. Worth (2 hours) and pay to park our car for the week. Tack on another $60 parking and who knows how much gas will cost by then. Okay, I'm done ranting and raving...here is a funny story. It's about poop, so don't read on if you don't like poop stories. Of course, I'm the mother of 2 little girls, so I always have a poop story. By the way, if you are the mother of a young child and don't have a poop story, something is wrong. :) I also should probably not publish my children's poop stories, but this is my journal of their lives and mine, so they are going to be in there, sorry. :)
Grace tells us today, " I have to go tinkle and I want to use your potty, Mom." She has started using the word "tinkle" and I have no idea where she learned it, but it is cute....She stayed upstairs for quite a while and then comes bopping back downstairs. Later we went up to put some clothes away or something and Aaron calls me in the bathroom. It was sooo full of toilet paper that you couldn't see anything else (thank goodness), but we couldn't believe that she used that much paper, so we asked her why. She responds, "There was just sooo much poop inside my bottom, I just had to make sure that I got it all out." Then she walked out of the room like it was no big deal. Aaron and I were laughing so hard that we almost didn't mind trying to fish out all the paper with the toilet bowl brush....That Grace....
Oh, here is another I forgot from yesterday, but it's not about poop. The girls and I were at our favorite Wal-Mart (it has to be the worlds smallest, mind you, until our supercenter gets done in Oct. and I can't wait!) just wandering around. Doesn't everyone do that when there really isn't anything else to do? Well, the girls were being so good and then Grace (who was walking right beside me) starts pulling on my arm with all her weight, like she wanted something and she wanted me to stop the cart. I said, "Grace, we are not buying anything today, will you please walk!" (I said it in my best frustrated mommy voice, of course) Grace replies," I don't want anything, Mommy, I'm just skiing thru the store on your arm." Oh, that is what she was doing....now that I think back, it was just like skiing, except there was no water and I'm not a ski boat. Oh well, that little imagination never stops and I don't think I even want it to. You keep up the skiing, Grace.
Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love skiing too, Gracie!
Dude I hope you airline woes work out!
Post a Comment