Monday, August 15, 2005

The frog kiss

Okay, today we were working out in the yard all day. (Yes, I know it is my anniversary, but we were together, so it was fun.) We were lifting up these paving stones from up beside the house and then we made a path with them in the backyard. You'll just have to see it, I can't describe it very well. Anyway, when we lifted up one of these big stones (they are like 20"x20") a big frog just jumps out and scared us. It was too funny. Well, then Grace was scared and we told her that frogs weren't scary and Aaron showed her how to catch the frog and hold it right. Then she proceeds to kiss the frog and name it "Cutie", she then is singing to the frog and dancing around the yard with him. It was soooooo funny. Then we found another frog and she put down Cutie to catch it and she named it "Beauty"...more kissing went on and no prince was to be found so I made her quit kissing the frogs and then she was sad when we wouldn't let her pick them up anymore. "Mommy, I will miss Cutie and Beauty so much, can we come out and play with them tomorrow?" Ah, we'll just have to wait and see.....
Oh, and I got a wonderful surprise in the mail today from my friend Amber in Alaska....I love to read and I got a new book!! Thanks Am, you are the best!

No comments: