Friday, August 26, 2005

Starting school and birthdays...

This week was full of events.
1. The new carpet that I wrote about earlier. I am still in love with it....it is just so nice to be able to walk barefoot in my own home again!!
2. GRACE STARTED SCHOOL!!! Okay, not real school, but she goes to a little private Pre-K 2 days a week. But it is all day and she just loves it. When I went to pick her up on Wednesday, her face was just as red as can be from playing so hard on the playground (she gets that from me and I get that from my sweet mother.) She talked up a blue streak when we picked her up. It was so funny that I got out the video camera when we got home. I just had to get a little video to show her daddy when he got home. This morning she is at school for the second day. She goes on Wednesdays and Fridays. Today was special because her Daddy took her on his way to work and she got to ride in his car. She also got a new little outfit...little capris and purple shirt. Her aunt Jess would be so proud of her little fashion bug neice. :)
3. My little brother, Jon, who is not so little anymore, is going to go back to school. I'm so excited for him and his decision to make his life better. He is sooo smart. I know this because he is the only one of the 4 of us kids that can actually do math and understand what and why it happens. He will make a great engineer and I'm very proud to be his big sister.
4. Susannah and I have been having a great time together. She gets to watch her Dora and I get to blog for just a little while. In a little while, we are off to shop and go to the bank. She is sooo funny. We had corn on the cob again and she ate a ton and didn't miss a kernel!! She is stringing together words now and her little sentences are soooo funny. Her best phrase is, "I'm coming, Grace, wait (for) me!" and "I love you, too" that is my favorite one to hear!
5. I got my hair chopped off. I realized that I'm no longer 20 and long hair (on me) makes me look like a old hippie. Even more so because I really like to wear this tye-dyed t-shirt that I got at this great pizza place in Anchorage, Alaska, called the Mooses Tooth. They make the best pizza (except for my brother, Jeremy's homemade pizza) and they brew their own root beer, cream soda, and beer. I got my hair not too short as to upset my sister, like I cut it after Grace was born...she said I looked like my little brother, Jon, because it was too short...boy cut. This time, I just got a bob and it's so much easier and by George, it is WAY cooler in the heat!!! I'm enjoying it.
6. And last, my 31st (gasp!) birthday was this week. Aaron got me some beautiful white roses and an i pod shuffle (for ALL the running that I'm doing in this Texas heat, you know!) Then he and the girls made me a cake....themselves. We have been together for 8 years and I have never gotten a cake until this year....the wait was worth it. They did everything themselves and I loved it! I'll put a picture on later.
We've had a fun week. I'm off to play with my youngest daughter and enjoy our day together!

2 comments:

Amber said...

You have been busy! Here's to school! I wish I only had to go two days a week!.... I want to see the new haircut!

Love and running,
am

Anonymous said...

We all want to see the new haircut...takes me a while to catch up on your blogs weekend reader here!!mom