Monday, August 29, 2005

Friends are safe

Our friends arrived in Dallas safely and are just beat from all the driving they did yesterday. We have tried to call them today, but their cell phones don't work...not too big of a surprise. The storm was terrible, but people actually listened to the officials and left their homes and because they did that, they are today alive. Now when they return things may not be the same, but they have their lives and each other and for that, I am very thankful.
Spent the whole day watching the news....I can't remember the last time I had the TV on for that long. Not that I actually watched it that much, but it was just "on." Grace kept coming in and asking if I would please turn it to Disney or something besides "The National News" as she calls it. No more TV, I'm turning on my radio and I'm going to listen to some good music while I cook dinner.
Oh, the picture of Susannah posted below is her in a dress that my sister wore when she was 2. That makes the dress, what, 23 years old now, Jess? :) he he he
I'm off to fix dinner and check on some laundry.....oh, I forgot something else. Last night at like 3 am, Aaron wakes me up and asks if I'm hot. "No, honey, just tired!" He couldn't figure out why his legs felt wet and then we figured out that our little puppy, Daisy, wet our bed!!!! She has never done that before, but oh was it gross! So at 3 am, we are up changing sheets and finding a new blanket to put on the bed. Last chance, pup, and then you are sleeping in the laundry room!!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Sus is so cute. You ladies really had a lot of cute dresses! I like the new carpet she is standing on. Are those shoes on in the house??? I can tell you aren't in AK anymore! Hee Hee

Jenn said...

The shoes are only on in the house because we were on our way out the door to church...we really don't wear our shoes in the house now with the new carpet! he he he