Monday, May 17, 2010

Missing things....

It started raining on Friday afternoon and didn't stop for about 24 hours...that is good rain for all of us down here in Houston.  We loved it.  It greened things up, it gave us the chance to stay home all weekend and it got me thinking....(I know, we are in trouble now!)  It hasn't rained here in about a month.  That means that we haven't slowed down in, oh, about a month.  That is just crazy!  I know, we've brought it on ourselves....someday, we will learn to say no....I hope! But for now, we are having fun and running around in this crazy game that we call life. 

Worship yesterday was great.  Aaron is teaching the high school class so I went with him to class and he did a great job.  I just love being around those kids.  They are fun and just easy to talk to...most of the time.  It makes me miss my Florida kids from when I was a summer intern all those years ago...now all of my "kids" from that summer are grown and getting married and a few of them even have babies! Yikes.  One of my girls is getting married in the fall and I hope I can make it over for the big event.  Love them.

Had a couple of "texting" conversations with friends far away yesterday.  Man...I have to say, I miss real phone calls.  I do.  Texting is great and when you get a little one that makes you smile and makes your day brighter...texting is awesome.  But, some days....you just want to talk to a real person.  I know we are all busy and texting is fast.  But...you'll be having a little conversation and then all of the sudden...they are gone and you wonder, "where did they go?"  "Did I text something wrong?"  I guess that is why I'm not a huge texting fan...although, I do text more than most people.  Okay, I text more than a LOT of people.  Sometimes it's just easier...but easier doesn't always mean better.  :)  So, I guess I'm just missing my friends this morning.  Love ya'll...you know who you are....When is our next trip??  I want a weekend at the beach! How about ya'll??

Well...time to stop missing things and get back to life...Playing with Parker, Wal-Mart and my newest Jodi Picoult book! 

1 comment:

Jen Mall said...

I miss you too friend! I'll call you soon! When I am not napping or throwing up...so no promises on when that will be...is this a "the thought is what counts" moment????