This past weekend, we drove to the fun town of Pasadena, Texas for a softball tournament. I know...you are surprised. Another tournament!
To give you an idea of the town that we spend our Saturday and Sunday afternoon in....people around Houston call Pasadena, "Stinkadena" Does that help? The place we played only had 4 fields and there were a ton of teams in this tourney...so that left for some big gaps between the games. Good thing for us that we printed out the movie schedule for a theater not too far away. Aaron and I instantly became the "best parents, EVER!" when we announced that we were going to see the newest Shrek movie during our break. I mean, really, do you want to sit out in the 90+ degree heat and wait for the next game (3 hours) or do you want to sit in an air conditioned movie theater and enjoy a movie with the kids? Yeah, us too!
The movie was cute...not my favorite Shrek-that would be Shrek 2, but it was watchable and it was in 3D. We went to the first showing of the day so we got in for the extra low early bird price of $8 a ticket...Joy. Forty bucks for our family of five to go to the movies and that was without popcorn and my beloved coke to drink. Don't worry...I still got my coke.
The rest of the team followed us to the theater...it was pretty cute....10 little girls in bright yellow uniforms taking up a whole row in the theater. They loved the break and I enjoyed the cool air...all forty bucks worth.
We all went back to the ball fields in Pasadena and won another 2 games followed by yet another long break...this time, we all decided to go to the mall. It's really no fun to go to the mall and not buy anything...I'm just sayin'. But the cool air was nice and we made it back to the fields for our last game of the Saturday night, which they won.
Sunday was a great day for Grace. She hit not one...but TWO home runs for the Cobras. This was a HUGE confidence booster to her and I'm sooo excited for her! She hit one in the early game and then one in the last game where most of the team had given up...she didn't and made a awesome hit. I was so proud...can you tell?
They ended up getting 3rd place and Grace wore that medal very proudly.
She should...she completely earned it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment