Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mom of the year...HA!

So, most of you know....we are new in town. We found out we were moving right before Parker's birthday so we decided NOT to take he and Grace in for their Birthday Well Checks until we moved here. That way, we would have a dr. and get the well checks all taken care of in one swoop. They both have summer birthdays (11 days apart) so usually they go together for their check.

We went yesterday. They were super nice but a little confused. Yeah, it seems that Susie was behind on her shots...WAY behind. How in the world did I not get Susie her shots last year? I have no earthy idea. Really. I was trying to think of what I was doing at the end of Sept. last year (her birthday, when we go for her well checks) and I have not a clue why I didn't take her in for her shots. That just makes a gal feel great.So, because of this mindless mommy, Susie got 4 shots PLUS her Flu shot yesterday. I felt so bad for her! Grace and Parker just got the flu shot and checked out. Poor little Sus...I am totally surprised that she could even walk out of there with all of the pokes in her legs!

An immediate trip to Sonic was in store for all of the great shot troopers and their mother of the year! Let's just hope I remember their shots next year. Tonight we are all off to "Meet the Teacher" night for Grace and Susie. Let's just hope that Susie can walk on her own into the front door of the school.

2 comments:

Shellie Salza said...

I'm not even going to tell you when Adison's last 'well' visit was. The only thing he's been to the dr for in quite a LONG time was twice for something up his nose and once for what I thought was strep!

In our germophobe society I think there are many other things that could top our worry lists before shots!

Hope she's walking well today and glad you all enjoyed a good Sonic! (I know Mom deserved hers as much as those great kiddos!)

Dyane said...

Every day I go to the mailbox and look for my Mom of the Year Award . . . they told me it was in the mail . . .